2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think there are at least 50 posts with pictures of a guy over 6' tall sitting in the Maverick. Headroom, legroom, rear seat room behind a tall guy, everything!
How about the short ones in the group? Can someone take some pictures of a short person (5'3" or less) in the drivers seat? I want to know how far the airbag is from me when my seat is almost all the way up and the steering wheel is all the way forward. Will I bang my knees getting in because of the front dash/seat/door configuration? How far off the floor is the gas and brake pedal - will my feet hit the pedal at the ball of my foot or just my toes unless I hold my foot off the floor? Inquiring minds want to know!

I am hoping to see one at a State Fair soon, but sometimes those have the battery disconnected so I might not be able to run the seat up to check.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think there are at least 50 posts with pictures of a guy over 6' tall sitting in the Maverick. Headroom, legroom, rear seat room behind a tall guy, everything!
How about the short ones in the group? Can someone take some pictures of a short person (5'3" or less) in the drivers seat?. I want to know how far the airbag is from me when my seat is almost all the way up and the steering wheel is all the way forward. Will I bang my knees getting in because of the front dash/seat/door configuration? How far off the floor is the gas and brake pedal - will my feet hot the pedal at the ball of my foot or just my toes unless I hold my foot off the floor? Inquiring minds want to know!

I am hoping to see one at a State Fair soon, but sometimes those have the battery disconnected so I might not be able to run the seat up to check.
Don't Worry!! I'm 5'2" and drive my F150 without any problems. This will be a cinch!!

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do understand I may no be vertically challenged just under 6' but I like to drive like Mark Martin 5' 5" in a Nascar. I would like to know if my knees would hit the dash to. They just Miss in my 2001 Ranger.

Ford Maverick Help a short girl out! Screenshot_20210914-123206~2

OP
OP

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Don't Worry!! I'm 5'2" and drive my F150 without any problems. This will be a cinch!!
Hope so. I've had my Ford Flex for 11 years and had to resort to putting a board under the drivers floor mat, and feel like the airbag is 6" from me. Sure would like a better fit, but its hard to accommodate all shapes and sizes of drivers.

Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Short ladies are hot👍

Deleted member 3962

On this topic I think the better question should be, is the manual driver seat height adjustable?? It says 6 way adjustable and that means,
1 and 2 forward/ backward
3 and 4 lean up/lean down
5 and 6 ???/??? ( is it lumbar???)

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OP
OP

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

On this topic I think the better question should be, is the manual driver seat height adjustable?? It says 6 way adjustable and that means,
While height adjustments are helpful, they don't solve most of my original questions. My Ford Flex has a 6 or 8 way adjustable seat including seat height and I have fit problems with it. There's a fine line between the seat being high enough for good visibility out the windshield and low enough that my feet don't dangle...

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

One of the reasons I ordered the Lariat was because of the adjustability of the driver seat. I wasn't sure if the XLT was going to do it for me...it probably would have but needed to be sure.

Sponsored

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes, the Manual Driver's Seat is height adjustable.
From the Owner's Manual:
Ford Maverick Help a short girl out! 1631657321939

OP
OP

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I mean you can always get these...

Screenshot_20210914-182119_Samsung Internet.jpg
Everyone's out there planning for their cool accessories and I'm looking at training wheels, lol! It's a thought, though.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everyone's out there planning for their cool accessories and I'm looking at training wheels, lol! It's a thought, though.
I would not worry about it- My wife @ 5ft even adjusted the seat on the full size Bronco and it worked for her- Yes we didnt drive it but it seemed to be a non-issue.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My F150 has adjustable brake and gas pedal height which comes in handy for short people. I wish the Maverick also had this, as one of the eventual drivers of it is very short (about 5' 0").
Sponsored