Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
New to the group.
Hello, I just purchased a 2024 xl fwd maverick about 10 days ago. It only has 350 miles on it. I listen to my music from a USB flashdrive plugged into the USB port under the a/c controls. My problem started a day or two after I brought the truck home. The head unit will stop reading the USB flashdrive and disconnect from it and resort to playing the FM radio. It has done it about 5 times already and seems to be getting worse on the length of time it takes the head unit to re-recognise the USB flashdrive. Today it did it twice on me and took forever to play again. I attempted to to do any updates on the head unit but there were none to be done. Has this happened to anyone else and if so how did you resolve it. Thanks
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe try the head unit reboot process and see if that helps. Any change the flash drive got corrupted or anything. Maybe try reformatting it and add your songs back on it. Not sure if its picky on the format as fat32 or the other options. No idea if updates are available for non sync 3 units. Good luck

VinnyH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Lariat Hybrid, 2011 Ford Ranger Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2023 XLT would do this a few times a week. Those XL/XLT Ford radios are pretty glitchy.

Graboid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sprinter 4x4, 2009 Honda Element, 2004 Audi A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah same here. It seems that the audio system spins the "wheel of random nonsense" every time it starts up just to find annoying ways to mess with me. Am not impressed.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe try the head unit reboot process and see if that helps.
Yes, and the OP might not know what it is.

To reboot the infotainment, hold down power (push center of volume knob) and fast forward / skip forward until the screen goes black.

Sponsored

VinnyH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, and the OP might not know what it is.

To reboot the infotainment, hold down power (push center of volume knob) and fast forward / skip forward until the screen goes black.
As usual, good advice Colin. Using your sound system-related posts (as well as others on here) I was able to install an HS10 in my Lariat hybrid. Thank you!

OP
OP
Jamsandolina

Jamsandolina

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've tried the reboot process...still happens. I checked and I'm pretty sure it has the latest update seeing my truck was built last month (manufacture date 2/24). My flashdrive is an onn 2.0 so maybe that's the culprit. I ordered a Samsung 3.1 flashdrive. I'm gonna have a friend that knows alot more than me about downloading stuff put my music on the new flashdrive. If it still does it after that I'm heading on down to the dealer so they can check it out. I briefly spoke to a service advisor there about my issue so they are aware of it. I want to thank everyone for the advice and help.

VinnyH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've tried the reboot process...still happens. I checked and I'm pretty sure it has the latest update seeing my truck was built last month (manufacture date 2/24). My flashdrive is an onn 2.0 so maybe that's the culprit. I ordered a Samsung 3.1 flashdrive. I'm gonna have a friend that knows alot more than me about downloading stuff put my music on the new flashdrive. If it still does it after that I'm heading on down to the dealer so they can check it out. I briefly spoke to a service advisor there about my issue so they are aware of it. I want to thank everyone for the advice and help.
Good luck- I hope you can get it sorted out! That used to drive me crazy in my XLT. Time will tell if the Lariat Sync 3 system in my new truck is any better.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Plug the adapter in the other USB port and see if it still happens. Some here have found one of the ports is bad.

OP
OP
Jamsandolina

Jamsandolina

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Plug the adapter in the other USB port and see if it still happens. Some here have found one of the ports is bad.
The other one is a type C plug in if I'm correct. My flashdrive can only be plug into a USB port. If that's what your asking?

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The other one is a type C plug in if I'm correct. My flashdrive can only be plug into a USB port. If that's what your asking?
so get a cable with USB A on one end and USB C on the other, or an adapter from C to A.

not difficult. don't buy a cheap generic Chinese cable, they're often problematic.

OP
OP
Jamsandolina

Jamsandolina

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
so get a cable with USB A on one end and USB C on the other, or an adapter from C to A.

not difficult. don't buy a cheap generic Chinese cable, they're often problematic.
Didn't think about doing that. I'll stop at wally world today and pick one up to try that out. Thanks

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost