Sponsored

Has anyone seen the engine block heater plugin?

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anybody install one after the fact? - Been toying with the idea, so it would allow the truck to use electric mode quicker on cold mornings. We're getting a cold snap here in the mid-Atlantic, although nothing like Canada and parts of the mid-West get, but cold none the less. - But the seats & wheel come up to temp pretty quick!
Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sure wish they would have done that for Gunnison, CO! 🥶 I'm gonna need one, but am fumbling with which one will work best on my Mav since I didn't end up getting one after the ol' truck switcheroo. I'm thinking I may just have an aftermarket one slapped in. Anyone done that successfully, and if so what type/brand?
You'll need to go aftermarket.
It's next to impossible to reach the OEM installation location after it leaves the factory.

DIY is not an option.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anybody install one after the fact? - Been toying with the idea, so it would allow the truck to use electric mode quicker on cold mornings. We're getting a cold snap here in the mid-Atlantic, although nothing like Canada and parts of the mid-West get, but cold none the less. - But the seats & wheel come up to temp pretty quick!
It's got to be really cold to use it, not just hovering around freezing. You could damage the system if it's not cold enough.

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's got to be really cold to use it, not just hovering around freezing. You could damage the system if it's not cold enough.
I doubt it. The only constraint to using a block heater is the engine should be off. I've installed 2 and used them in the winter. Engine way happier.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I doubt it. The only constraint to using a block heater is the engine should be off. I've installed 2 and used them in the winter. Engine way happier.
The manual says "The engine block heater is most effective when outdoor temperatures are below 0°F (-18°C)." The factory block heater gets very hot, it's not an engine oil heater, it's for the coolant and is designed for extreme cold. Was your system aftermarket?

As to the other poster asking, someone asked before the Ford block heater in built in and cannot be added after. You'd have to get an aftermarket system.

Rlward

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Fird Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It should only heat up to max temp. Max temp is reached in three hours. After that you are wasting electricity. Likely one hour would do the trick.
Sponsored