Sponsored

Has anyone dyed the coleman cooler white partial door panels of the XLT?

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was showing my wife the XLT w/ BAP and without.

When she saw the standard blue jean seats, garish orange pieces, and the coleman cooler white door panels and dash trim... she said, 'What is that? It's soooo ugly? Why did they do that?'

Then the BAP. She thought that the interior of the BAP was an improvement, but not representative of photos at all. Like me, she could care less about anything that the BAP offered on the outside. She said, 'How terrible to have to spend $1600 just to get rid of those ugly white door panels that don't match anything?'

I was thinking, what if the door panels just got dyed the black used in the interior, or even Navy Pier to match the rest of the door? Would it hold up? Would it get scraped up as you placed a water bottle in it regularly over the course of a few years :)LOL::ROFLMAO:😅😂)?

Really 4 options:
1. live with the XLT coleman cooler white partial door panels
2. add the BAP for $1645 (which is much nicer overall and more than likely what I'll do)
3. swap door panels with someone who owns an XL (perhaps upgrade the speakers while you are performing the swap)
4. dye the partial door panels to match the navy pier of the rest of the door or the dark grey of the XL/BAP (perhaps while your are removing them to upgrade the speakers)

Anybody pick door #4? What product/method did you use?
Sponsored

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I too own an XL (love the somewhat black interior). From my perspective, I think there should be more to the package for that price. Not sure what else, but something…

Hopefully parts like this will soon be available instead of diy painting.

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was showing my wife the XLT w/ BAP and without.

When she saw the standard blue jean seats, garish orange pieces, and the coleman cooler white door panels and dash trim... she said, 'What is that? It's soooo ugly? Why did they do that?'

Then the BAP. She thought that the interior of the BAP was an improvement, but not representative of photos at all. Like me, she could care less about anything that the BAP offered on the outside. She said, 'How terrible to have to spend $1600 just to get rid of those ugly white door panels that don't match anything?'

I was thinking, what if the door panels just got dyed the black used in the interior, or even Navy Pier to match the rest of the door? Would it hold up? Would it get scraped up as you placed a water bottle in it regularly over the course of a few years :)LOL::ROFLMAO:😅😂)?

Really 4 options:
1. live with the XLT coleman cooler white partial door panels
2. add the BAP for $1645 (which is much nicer overall and more than likely what I'll do)
3. swap door panels with someone who owns an XL (perhaps upgrade the speakers while you are performing the swap)
4. dye the partial door panels to match the navy pier of the rest of the door or the dark grey of the XL/BAP (perhaps while your are removing them to upgrade the speakers)

Anybody pick door #4? What product/method did you use?
Try googling dying plastic. I believe on youtube someone dyed white pvc pipe by adding pvc pipe cleaner with dye or ink. I guess it kinda melts into the plastic. would have to experiment with it. too much and you may distort the plastic parts. I am going to experiment with this after I get my Maverick. May try before I get it after the weather warms up.

OP
OP
FischAutoTechGarten

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Try googling dying plastic. I believe on youtube someone dyed white pvc pipe by adding pvc pipe cleaner with dye or ink. I guess it kinda melts into the plastic. would have to experiment with it. too much and you may distort the plastic parts. I am going to experiment with this after I get my Maverick. May try before I get it after the weather warms up.
Yeah, I died PVC fittings and pipe black for a multi-tank aquarium setup that I had where everthing was black. I dyed them by putting them in a pot of hot water with dye. Had to be careful and noted some heat distortion on some fittings.

Yeah google and youtube would be where the info is.

STUFF2C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bunch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got lucky my wife likes it… looks like a garage wash sink to me… but hey, she’s happy.
even likes the orange sht 😂

kinda glad she took it from me, I bought a F150 😉

Sponsored

OP
OP
FischAutoTechGarten

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

To each there own, black interiors are boring and giant heat sinks in the summer.
Well I agree. It would be nice to have an option like this for the Maverick XLT (like the Ranger XLT), but we don't. I do like the Lariat Interior, but the $4500 increase from the XLT is a bit much.

Ford Maverick Has anyone dyed the coleman cooler white partial door panels of the XLT? {filename}

TonyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have one other option. The one many of us choose. Order an XL and then add the options that you want to bring it to more an XLT spec.

"Coleman cooler door panels and dash inserts" 😁 That is really perfect. Combine that with pumpkin colored accents and your wife expresses how I felt about it. So I ordered an XL and added stuff. Getting the heated seats in a few weeks.

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im a fan of wrapping the parts in vinyl. I use a lot Vvivid products from Bezo’s company.