Sponsored

Changing out the white XLT door panels for the gray XL panels?

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In addition to not liking the orange accents in the XLT (addressed in another thread), the wife also does not like the white on the door panels and dash, she says it reminds her of styrofoam. Changing out the dash trim piece looks to possibly be challenging , unless somehow it is a removable piece in and of itself...

So I'm wondering about the possibility of changing out the door panels, putting XL panels on our ordered XLT. I'm assuming that these "inserts" are part of the door assembly and cannot be removed separately from the panel.

Is anyone else with an XLT or an XLT on order liking the XL interior colors vs the XLT? IF the door panels could just be easily swapped, I'm sure the price (and availability) from Ford would be extremely expensive. And also not sure if the panels would be "plug and play" considering the power mirrors and such.

Seems to me that the white panels are going to show dirt/wear a lot more than the gray panels.

Ford Maverick Changing out the white XLT door panels for the gray XL panels? XLT_XL_door_panels
Sponsored

Last edited:

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
In addition to not liking the orange accents in the XLT (addressed in another thread), the wife also does not like the white on the door panels and dash, she says it reminds her of styrofoam. Changing out the dash trim piece looks to possibly be challenging , unless somehow it is a removable piece in and of itself...

So I'm wondering about the possibility of changing out the door panels, putting XL panels on our ordered XLT. I'm assuming that these "inserts" are part of the door assembly and cannot be removed separately from the panel.

Is anyone else with an XLT or an XLT on order liking the XL interior colors vs the XLT? IF the door panels could just be easily swapped, I'm sure the price (and availability) from Ford would be extremely expensive. And also not sure if the panels would be "plug and play" considering the power mirrors and such.

Seems to me that the white panels are going to show dirt/wear a lot more than the gray panels.

XLT_XL_door_panels.jpg
Hoping the 2023 Maverick has no white or orange...

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
I ordered an XL because, work truck, but one review mentioned something about the white panels and dash treatment on the XLT looking like it was made from port-o-potty material and once you see it you can't unsee it. I think the XL interior is the best of all the trims.

That being said I guarantee you could find an XL owner to swap out the whole interior if you wanted 😂

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
paint them WAY CHEAPER , EVEN THE DASH COULD BE PAINTED imho a job for a professional the labor alone to take a dash out ?? painting it in place would be expensive you need to mask every inch of the truck interior . If it was me and I am just saying I would explain to the wife the rational behind buying an economy model truck like the XL . to paint those door panels and dash Easily $1500 to have a real pro do it

Sponsored

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe, just maybe we will get lucky and they will offer an all black interior in 23. Quite odd they don’t already. I feel the interior of the trims matches some of the exterior colors and clashes with others. The lariat looks the worst to me personally, too many colors going on. Give us black.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe, just maybe we will get lucky and they will offer an all black interior in 23. Quite odd they don’t already. I feel the interior of the trims matches some of the exterior colors and clashes with others. The lariat looks the worst to me personally, too many colors going on. Give us black.
I'd be happy with the stereotypical grey and black interior too. All black is too much for me.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I would love to do the same with the Lariat door panels and dash…..way too light for me. Although I think they are darker than the XLT ones already. The XL interior is the most aesthetically inoffensive of all three.

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems easier to buy an XL and add cruise control via the swapped steering wheel program, than to swap the interior in an XLT. The XLT interior is my least favorite of the three.

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

XLT_XL_door_panels.jpg
It still goes back to what can you expect from a starting sub 20K truck

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems easier to buy an XL and add cruise control via the swapped steering wheel program, than to swap the interior in an XLT. The XLT interior is my least favorite of the three.
Don't even have to swap the whole steering wheel, just the buttons. XL > XLT

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If your good with an airbrush and masking things off plus a small amount of dissassembly, you can paint the dash in place with an airbrush. The door panels you can remove, mask up and respray. I like the look of the XLT personally, but colors can be changed easily to suit.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
paint them WAY CHEAPER , EVEN THE DASH COULD BE PAINTED imho a job for a professional the labor alone to take a dash out ?? painting it in place would be expensive you need to mask every inch of the truck interior . If it was me and I am just saying I would explain to the wife the rational behind buying an economy model truck like the XL . to paint those door panels and dash Easily $1500 to have a real pro do it
Why do you assume it has to be sprayed lol you could get a vynll wrap done, or thin down a rollable product and tape it off. Numerous thin layers to avoid drips. Itd be fine. Theres always another way my friend