Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Line-X rep said they had done several Mavericks before mine. He said they don’t reduce the price on Mavericks because of the extra prep involved. The bed is not separate from the cab so it’s tricky to tape off the back window to not get overspray. They also remove all hardware and do a meticulous job with the prep. Prep is key with spray-in liners.
Sponsored

Skifletch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you get rust proofing underspray or snow tires + wheels? And if so, where? I'm also in WNY and supposed to get my truck this month!
Apologies for the late reply. Yeah I got the rustproofing through the dealer.
Did you get rust proofing underspray or snow tires + wheels? And if so, where? I'm also in WNY and supposed to get my truck this month!
The dealer (Basil on Walden) outsourced the Linex and the rustproofing for me before final delivery. I have to be honest I forget which local installer they used but they did a bang up job. They plugged all the holes well, threads still clean, no overspray problems, nice and thick, good seams, etc. Whomever Basil uses must not suck.

For the rust proofing, I had some requirements. I did NOT want Ziebart. Screw that nonsense. One crack and your frame rots out. No thank you. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the company that did the underspray but I made sure they used a Polyurethane system. Lasts the longest, cracks don't ruin the protected parts and comes with a warranty. If you'd prefer oil sprays, I have been getting the wife's forester (which we bought used) at Rustkote total care on Walden. Use oil spray on hers because we didn't get it new which makes me more wary of using polyurethane on it.

First Name
Townhouse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid - Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For the rust proofing, I had some requirements. I did NOT want Ziebart. Screw that nonsense. One crack and your frame rots out.
Wow thank you for the information. Can you explain a little more why Ziebart is not the place to go or what their spray issue is about one crack and it rots out? I was honestly thinking of going there but will avoid.

I'm getting my truck from the same dealership so I'll reach out to them and try to get the same services as you did.

Skifletch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, Ziebart is an asphalt wax based product. It is phenomenal until it's not. If it does develop cracks, water (and salt) can, will, and does use capillary action to squeeze in behind the undercoating. Then with no access to air, it stays there and rusts the metal. Even if a crack is caught in the annual inspection and repaired, there could still be water elsewhere behind the protectant just rusting away your vehicle. Admittedly, their product doesn't crack often at all. But when it does, ouch. Also some mechanics either won't touch, or charge extra to do work on cars coated with Ziebart since it is so thick and makes removing fasteners a PITA.

The only other "semi permanent" product is the polyurethane options. They're not well trusted locally as many claim they're "not proven enough". And there is validity to that argument. However, even if it starts wearing off after 5-6 years and I go back to oil spraying, I'll be happy to not have to get yearly sprays for the first half of the vehicles life. If I see rust, just start oil spraying, nbd.

Skifletch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow thank you for the information. Can you explain a little more why Ziebart is not the place to go or what their spray issue is about one crack and it rots out? I was honestly thinking of going there but will avoid.

I'm getting my truck from the same dealership so I'll reach out to them and try to get the same services as you did.
They'll likely use the same companies. They said they on purpose don't use Ziebart for just my concerns. Personally I didn't find the extended warranty they tried to sell me worth it. Even after beating him down to $2,000 on the price it's still a 3rd party company that who knows if they'll even be in business 5 years from now, and I surely don't want to fight with them for repairs. Also the other nonsense like key replacement and tire protection were kind of laughable :D.

Overall though Basil treated me just fine. No hidden fees or price jacks, or anything. They couldn't give me what I wanted on financing though so I just went with the Credit union. Were originally quoting 7.9% (mid April) and I had a chuckle, telling the guy I could get 5% with an 800+ score from my credit union. He said they couldn't even get close to that but said no problem we'll just write it up as a cash deal. Maybe added another 3 days to the process. But in those 3 days they got the spray in, rust proof, and accessories installed. At least he was honest and didn't try and haggle me forever on the financing. Treated me just fine on trade-in though.

Will see how things go longterm with their service department. Living in north Buffalo I'm also not that far from West Herr, so there's options if I need. I'm on guard with service writers after NorthTown tried to sell me a $300 cabin air filter.

Aquaman14

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yesterday I paid $675 cash for the premium after calling every So. Cal store near me. I also asked them if it was ok to give there name on this forum and would they offer the same deal and he said he would. LINE-X of Santa Fe
Sponsored