Sponsored

Surfergirl

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
My dealer called today unexpectedly to tell me my truck arrived today! I was told October 10. Just got it home tonight and had to drive it in the dark. Only had time to snap a few pictures before I went through the long purchase process and sitting through all the upsell pitches. Build date was September 14. Mine is apparently the first Maverick in my whole county.

I was one who was especially concerned about the car being too yellow and I have to say the combination of metallic and the slightest amount of gold color to whatever orangeyness there is takes it enough of a step away from yellow that I am happy! It is a beautiful color.

F17D7743-8994-4F59-9088-29E940781C7F.jpeg
C4F9B853-2518-45AE-A3F1-E2A4A3D3BA2D.jpeg
01570D43-DCB3-4E28-A859-99E924B377CC.jpeg

1D8C733C-F829-42CB-9504-AED79B43C3B5.jpeg
Congrats that's so exciting
My dealer called today unexpectedly to tell me my truck arrived today! I was told October 10. Just got it home tonight and had to drive it in the dark. Only had time to snap a few pictures before I went through the long purchase process and sitting through all the upsell pitches. Build date was September 14. Mine is apparently the first Maverick in my whole county.

I was one who was especially concerned about the car being too yellow and I have to say the combination of metallic and the slightest amount of gold color to whatever orangeyness there is takes it enough of a step away from yellow that I am happy! It is a beautiful color.

Thats beautiful
Sponsored

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Post some more Pic's in the Showcase

OP
OP

Dancebuff

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love the bronze color of the metal or plastic whatever it is. I think it's elegant. I do agree with you a little bit in that it may not blend quite as well with the exterior color but it's rather subtle and your doors are not gonna be open that much. I like it just fine when the doors are closed. I did notice it when I opened the doors. Exterior is more bright and loud and happy, and the bronze is more muted and subdued. So there's a different feel. But I still think that's OK. Interior and exterior are definitely different.
I am the type of woman who doesn't care too much about tires unless they were truly ugly and noticeable. It's black interior on black tire so for me it's kind of like '70s stereos with black buttons on black background. Not my favorite but it seems to work with all the other black accents around the truck. I am definitely not the person to ask on that! Haven't even looked yet to see what kind of Pirelli's they are!
Just looked today. They are Pirelli Scorpion A/T, about which I know nothing! Anyone please feel free to fill. me in!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dancebuff

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just did it again from my computer. Could not get video but just audio so I put two still pix. Frustrating.
I still don't see the pictures I posted of my car next to the school buses then a yellow car. Strange.

OP
OP

Dancebuff

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats ! I have the same delivery date, hoping to get it early
Is your height 6'2 ? How is the front seat legroom ?
I'm a little under 5'9" but my inseam is an inch or two longer than standard women's inseams for pants so my legs are a bit longer. Leg room seems fine. We'll have to find a tall gentleman to ask for you.

OP
OP

Dancebuff

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats! When was yours shipped? I have mine coming to NorCal by 10)10 as well. Wondering when it would actually arrive.
Beginning of In Production date was 9/14, built done by 9/21. Took 8 days after that to arrive.

OP
OP

Dancebuff

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats! What were their upsell pitches?
Can't recall all the upsell pitches as it felt overwhelming. Too many decisions. I was there like 5 hours chatting then paperwork and questions., but here are some:

- Extended Service Warranty
- Car Doc maintenance pre-pay
- Wheel locks
- Clear shield, to protect door seams and handles
- Paint and fabric protection
- 4 in 1 combo wheel and paint protection-- small dents and scratches on paint or wheels, tire replacement

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dancebuff

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thats awesome! Looks extremely sharp. The one thing im curious about with real world aspect of the pickup is do you drop down into it or kinda get up into it. My fathers '17 frontier i kind of hop into it a little and thats a RWD one as well. Im just 5''8 inches tall so thats probably why. Now im not complaining, i dont mind hopping in, i just wondered and hoped it isnt TOO low to the ground as the car i drive now is too low and i really dont like having to bend down and drop way down into a seat.
I am 5' 8 1/2" tall with a little longer legs than standard female inseams. Driver's seat hits just above halfway between my knee and hip. So I sit down on it but not by a lot. Sitting sideways on the seat my feet are flat on the ground but it's a little stretch. Depends on seat height. The adjustment for the seat part does not have a tilt, only up and down, and forward/backward, and back tilts.

OP
OP

Dancebuff

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you order a full size spare? Or did the lariat lux pkg come with it? like it was originally supposed to?
I did order a full-size spare.. It is hanging underneath the truck,. There was definitely confusion as it was worded poorly on the Ford site. I was an English major in college so I questioned the sales manager at the dealership and pointed it out but he was very testy and threatened to cancel my order (!!!) and said no it's not included, so I had to pay $115.

It's fine if it was not included, but I had the right to bring it up without the threat of losing my entire order. Extremely inappropriate behavior on his part. I was livid but said nothing as I did not want to lose my order or place in line. Funny, he was all smiles and nice when we met for the first time in person the day I picked up my truck...

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did order a full-size spare.. It is hanging underneath the truck,. There was definitely confusion as it was worded poorly on the Ford site. I was an English major in college so I questioned the sales manager at the dealership and pointed it out but he was very testy and threatened to cancel my order (!!!) and said no it's not included, so I had to pay $115.

It's fine if it was not included, but I had the right to bring it up without the threat of losing my entire order. Extremely inappropriate behavior on his part. I was livid but said nothing as I did not want to lose my order or place in line. Funny, he was all smiles and nice when we met for the first time in person the day I picked up my truck...
That's a shame about the way that sales manager treated you! He must have forgotten that is based on people like you to keep in business!! Perhaps if you get a chance to take a survey from Ford you can call out this managers behavior and threat to cancel your order!! Glad you got your Mav! I look forward to someday receiving my hybrid Mav!

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can't recall all the upsell pitches as it felt overwhelming. Too many decisions. I was there like 5 hours chatting then paperwork and questions., but here are some:

- Extended Service Warranty
- Car Doc maintenance pre-pay
- Wheel locks
- Clear shield, to protect door seams and handles
- Paint and fabric protection
- 4 in 1 combo wheel and paint protection-- small dents and scratches on paint or wheels, tire replacement
I say no to all these dealer add-ons. When I sit down with the finance person, I say "Let me save both of us a lot of time, I am not interested nor do a need to hear about all the various add on that you are required to tell me about". Generally they will just go through and check declined and we move forward. I will likely get an extended warranty, but not from the dealer. I don't want that rolled into my loan, which is the other thing. I've already arranged my financing through CapitalOne Bank, so they won't be able to tack on some additional interest on top of what the company that is financing is charging. Dealers have been known to do this. They get you financed at 1.9% but when they sit down with you it's 2.6%.

OP
OP

Dancebuff

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's a shame about the way that sales manager treated you! He must have forgotten that is based on people like you to keep in business!! Perhaps if you get a chance to take a survey from Ford you can call out this managers behavior and threat to cancel your order!! Glad you got your Mav! I look forward to someday receiving my hybrid Mav!
I have since found out he takes care of all the orders in his dealership which is apparently hundreds so maybe they are short staffed. I have also since had a vacation so went from livid to annoyed to letting it go when I got my Mav. Focusing on the positive. Thanks for the moral support. I had another bad experience with a Ford sales guy at another dealership in the past.
Sponsored