Sponsored

Gave up on Ford and bought a different hybrid.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Beautiful SUV. Congratulations. I ended up doing the same thing but for a different reason. A few nights back a large deer decided to end its life by running into the front of my CR-V. Totaled.

So I went on the hunt and found a new Toyota RAV4 AWD hybrid that was in my price range. It is in the country and scheduled to arrive at the dealership between 11/8 and 11/15. I hope so. I was happy to wait for my Mav, but such is life.

BTW, it was not easy to find a new vehicle. They are scarce, so I feel pretty lucky.
You’re going to love the RAV4 hybrid, I have an 18 XLE and currently getting 35 miles to a gallon. It’s my 3rd RAV4 and they have all been a pleasure to drive. Good Luck!
Sponsored

OP
OP
r100gs91

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Beautiful SUV. Congratulations. I ended up doing the same thing but for a different reason. A few nights back a large deer decided to end its life by running into the front of my CR-V. Totaled.

So I went on the hunt and found a new Toyota RAV4 AWD hybrid that was in my price range. It is in the country and scheduled to arrive at the dealership between 11/8 and 11/15. I hope so. I was happy to wait for my Mav, but such is life.

BTW, it was not easy to find a new vehicle. They are scarce, so I feel pretty lucky.
I contacted my dealer about either a Venza or RAV4 Hybrid. Felt lucky also that I was able to obtain a vehicle in about a week. No pricing games + a fair price for my trade. Let us know how you like your RAV4.

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You’re going to love the RAV4 hybrid, I have an 18 XLE and currently getting 35 miles to a gallon. It’s my 3rd RAV4 and they have all been a pleasure to drive. Good Luck!
Thanks. I have always been a Honda and Toyota guy so I expect reliability and longevity. My CR-V that got totaled had 228,000+ miles on it and it ran like a top.

I've never had a hybrid before so I am really looking forward to it. It has an electric motor for the rear wheels! How cool is that?! The only thing I am not to thrilled about is the color. Blue Flame; a real in your face bright blue. Whoa, baby! But like I said earlier, new vehicles are hard to come by so I grabbed it while the grabbin' was good.

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I contacted my dealer about either a Venza or RAV4 Hybrid. Felt lucky also that I was able to obtain a vehicle in about a week. No pricing games + a fair price for my trade. Let us know how you like your RAV4.
Yes, indeed. There was no pricing funny business at the dealership I purchased from too. That was a relief.

Davido49

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4
Gave up on Ford and bought a different hybrid yesterday. Why? I went to the dealer and found out I was at the bottom of the totem pole for hybrid scheduling at my dealer. July 1st and my order just sits and there are 3 ahead of me. Figuring it will be at least 3 more months minimum before I see a delivery.
I purchased a Toyota Venza for $34500 and it is luxurious, a complete polar opposite in comparison to the Maverick I sat in at the dealer on a training day. I deserve a little luxury in my golden years. Its loaded to the gills with a nice soft touch interior. On a 10 mile evening drive around town it got 52.7 mpg. Speeds were between 30 and 55 mph with 4 large hills in the 30 mph range.

I have not canceled with the dealer and will go drive it when it comes in. If the market is still hot for Hybrids, I might buy it and flip it.

Good luck to every one on their Hybrid Mavericks. Hope they turn as out good as the reviews say they are. Below are a couple of pics of my new ride.
20211021_190654 (2).jpg
DSC_0019 (2).JPG
Thats not even a truck? Hope you don't have regrets. Yes the Mavericks are as good as the reviews. Ford knows trucks better than anyone!

Sponsored

Davido49

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4
Thanks. I have always been a Honda and Toyota guy so I expect reliability and longevity. My CR-V that got totaled had 228,000+ miles on it and it ran like a top.

I've never had a hybrid before so I am really looking forward to it. It has an electric motor for the rear wheels! How cool is that?! The only thing I am not to thrilled about is the color. Blue Flame; a real in your face bright blue. Whoa, baby! But like I said earlier, new vehicles are hard to come by so I grabbed it while the grabbin' was good.
Well, I'm a Ford truck guy an I expect far more than just high mileage . I expect good pulling #s ..good payload #s etc. If your good on "basic maintenance" you will get high mileage #s in any Ford truck easily. Oil changes at 5k mis (max) always. Using Motorcraft oil @minimum. Tranny fluid @ 60k mis (owners manual is a joke on that stuff.. all of them). Transfer case fluid etc if 4wd ..@60k mis. If you ordered the hybrid then you only need be concerned w/ engine & tranny /cooling system service. This must be familiar to you tho. You won't get a CRV to 225k mis without good maintenance! You will also have so much more capability than those small econo type vehicles. Enjoy!

OP
OP
r100gs91

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thats not even a truck? Hope you don't have regrets. Yes the Mavericks are as good as the reviews. Ford knows trucks better than anyone!
I still may buy it when it comes in. Mostly I came to the realization, that I rarely used my 2018 F-150 as a truck. The Maverick's interior did not impress me, roomy and functional yes, but STARK. Yes its a good value in Hybrid XL and XLT models without lux. The one I have coming in has a $27,300 sticker with dealer fees, assuming it is ever produced. I'm at 8 months now since ordering. At least 2 months to go if my pushed back build date is not pushed back more. By the time I add all the stuff I had to remove to improve scheduling chances, I will probably be at $30K + a little.

I'm very happy with the Venza, it has SPUNK
Sponsored