First Name
Sagebrush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One improvement I could see that I think would be a great feature is a place in frame to install at one front tow hook.
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

JimKivi

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4x4, Silverado, Mazda 3, Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One improvement I could see that I think would be a great feature is a place in frame to install at one front tow hook.
This has been a constant lament on these trucks... my best solution is to pull it out from the rear trailer hitch. If you need to pull it from the FRONT, run a tow strap UNDER the rig from the tow hitch. I love the nylon tow straps, so be sure to keep it away from a hot exhaust. Huge oversight for my 4x4 xlt in my opinion. (Translation: "Hey Ford, get off'n thy arse and FIX THIS!!!!")

OP
OP

Sage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sagebrush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This has been a constant lament on these trucks... my best solution is to pull it out from the rear trailer hitch. If you need to pull it from the FRONT, run a tow strap UNDER the rig from the tow hitch. I love the nylon tow straps, so be sure to keep it away from a hot exhaust. Huge oversight for my 4x4 xlt in my opinion. (Translation: "Hey Ford, get off'n thy arse and FIX THIS!!!!")
Yes, I agree totally with you. These are trucks and they go where trucks go and so it is a valuable thing to have. It wouldn't cost to have a spot that one could be attached if you want one.

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, I agree totally with you. These are trucks and they go where trucks go and so it is a valuable thing to have. It wouldn't cost to have a spot that one could be attached if you want one.
Exactly. On non-hitch equipped Bronco Sports, they have a plate covering a threaded hole for a recovery hook to thread into. I'd like to see this feature on the front of non-FX4/Tremor AWD models.

HRG

Ford Maverick Front tow hook would be nice Bronco Sport rear recovery hook

OP
OP

Sage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sagebrush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Exactly. On non-hitch equipped Bronco Sports, they have a plate covering a threaded hole for a recovery hook to thread into. I'd like to see this feature on the front of non-FX4/Tremor AWD models.

HRG

Bronco Sport rear recovery hook.jpeg
Yep, that simple and is an important thing for people in country. Thanks

Justin.23

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jjc-llc.com
Vehicle(s)
23 Lariat w/ BAP & 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No need for it really, there are recovery points underneath.

Ford Maverick Front tow hook would be nice 1711554361416-xj

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
If you need to pull it from the FRONT, run a tow strap UNDER the rig from the tow hitch.
Have you tried that in practice? How did it work out? I was on a volunteer off road recovery team and couldn't ever imagine running enough recovery strap to the rear of a stuck vehicle to pull it from the front. There's just too much stuff to get the strap caught on or have the strap break or rip off after the slack is pulled.

On non-hitch equipped Bronco Sports, they have a plate covering a threaded hole for a recovery hook to thread into.
In my experience they are great for flat towing on a paved or gravel road. If the vehicle is stuck, they can be used for winching, but those things can bend when used with kinetic recovery ropes, especially if you have to resort to a pull that isn't inline with the hook.

For kinetic recoveries or winching vehicles that don't have suitable tow hooks, I just use a soft bridle (basically a tree saver with 15" J-hooks at either end) and hook to the K member or lower control arms.

JimKivi

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4x4, Silverado, Mazda 3, Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, (FORTUNATELY !!) I have not had to do this.... BUT I am wise enough to think through a situation BEFORE it arises. We spend a LOT of time in Baja, and there are no tow trucks or cell service where we are. So, do your own brainstorming if you will.... I would LOVE to have a better solution, but short of hooking a strap to the lumber rack (NO!!!), there is nothing else up front to pull one out of the sand, snow, or mud. ANY solution gladly accepted!
Meanwhile, traction boards, come-along, folding shovel, and a jack are on the menu. In case others have not seen this sand trick, digging a "T" in sand, burying the spare, and hooking up the come-along is the procedure for getting out of sand, along with lowering the tire pressure. Meanwhile, Ford, fix this silly oversight!

Sponsored

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Small "J" hooks work in the front "winching" holes.

Note: these are for pulling YOU out gently with a "winch" on the other vehicle.

Not meant for "yanking" vehicle to vehicle or you pulling someone else out. (But you could in an emergency if you were gentle.)

The manual says something about not using metal hooks but that was some lawyerspeak. There's no engineered point for a soft shackle.

HTH,

OP
OP

Sage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sagebrush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting info. I guess it will be something I will have to deal with if it happens. I hope I never have to be pulled out from the front.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting what some expect from a vehicle that was never designed for off road, one look at the front bumper tells you that. Sure there are 2 softroad options with minimal recovery equipment. Same is true of the Sport with only one version actually advertised as off road capable.

Ford is not alone in this regard as even the vaunted 4Runner (with a frame BTW), even the TRD version, only has one minimal and unrated "emergency recovery point". From the owners manual -
Ford Maverick Front tow hook would be nice TRDTowin

"This should only be attempted on hard surface roads" is the punch line.

There is a whole small industry for add on tow hooks for the 4Runner no thanks to Toyota who does not recommend them.
It's possible the same will happen for Mavericks perhaps inspired by flat tow attachment points, time will tell. Look at how long it took for skid plates to hit the market.

Tmh573

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just want some kind of hooks so I don't need the nylon straps under the hood to tie a canoe to.
Sponsored