First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since 2014, all I’ve owned was my 99 Ranger with a single cab. I bought it off a farmer who was retiring with 66k original miles. It seemed he got ripped off by some paint/repair shops before selling it, but for me as a junior in high school at the time, it was perfect for what I needed.

Fast forward almost 10 years to the Ranger with 190k miles, and now I’m married, a homeowner, and in need of an upgrade. The Maverick is exactly what I needed at the right time. It’s everything I could’ve asked for and more. Shoutout to Norris Ford in Baltimore for making my ordering process as smooth and streamlined as possible.

04835704-8A94-4050-9497-A07EF2E0D780.jpeg
Thanks for the picture. I always find these a pretty interesting comparison since I had an 02 extended cab Ranger. I especially like the pictures from the front or back where you can tell the width of the two.
Sponsored

Huchipapa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Trooper; '04 9-3; '13 Outback; '24 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really hate it when people keep calling these cheap vehicles because you know what it's the most expensive vehicle I ever plan on purchasing in my life I don't have to solidify my status in society with some crappy escalate or something, so I don't know it just frustrates me because you know out the door. My vehicle is 35K that's not that cheap, maybe you all have amazing jobs that stack benjis, but its the second most expensive thing I have ever bought.
Well I think it relation to the current market the Maverick is relatively inexpensive, although for some of us it's still pretty expensive. There are also many of us I'm sure who can afford far more expensive vehicles but the Maverick tickled our fancy for whatever reason.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I really hate it when people keep calling these cheap vehicles because you know what it's the most expensive vehicle I ever plan on purchasing in my life I don't have to solidify my status in society with some crappy escalate or something, so I don't know it just frustrates me because you know out the door. My vehicle is 35K that's not that cheap, maybe you all have amazing jobs that stack benjis, but its the second most expensive thing I have ever bought.
I get what your saying. The Maverick is the most expensive vehicle I have bought by about $12,000.

Mine was a canceled rollover and if it wasn't for the current used car market, I wouldn't have gotten a top of the line one. My MSRP is $36,200. With the X-Plan, private offer and student discount, my OTD price was $34,100. I sold my 2018 Rav4 I bought for $23,000 for $19,700 so after paying off the loan I still had $13,500 in equity. That left me with a final price for the loaded truck at $22,168 which is $800 LESS than the Rav4 and even got to lower my car payment. If the marked wasn't what is is, there is no way I would've spent that much.

My plan is to eventually move up to an F150 assuming the Mavericks hold their value a few years from now.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 48yrs and if my 2021 order is ever delivered, will be the first NEW car I've ever bought.

There absolutely is a market for an Inexpensive, Capable vehicle out there. Ford is missing out on flooding the market with Mavericks before others catch up!

Blue1005

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 48yrs and if my 2021 order is ever delivered, will be the first NEW car I've ever bought.

There absolutely is a market for an Inexpensive, Capable vehicle out there. Ford is missing out on flooding the market with Mavericks before others catch up!
I agree, only new I will ever buy and will keep it till I go home to the sky. My most expensive was 12k before this. And I think ford should keep cranking them out, cause they are amazing with fuel savings and still the ability to use the bed.

Sponsored

TruckGal

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge and now the Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the Rapid Red as well. It is pretty rare now that they only did the red for 2022 and not for 2023. I love mine.

gschmoel

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry Hyjbrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most expensive to have, in most guys minds.
#3 Vehicle
#2 House
#1 WIFE..

Oh I know I'm going to get blasted for this.. But, I'm old am just trying to survive. However I'm not going to try and rank in order of importance. ;)

Your comment abiut the $35K is spot on though, my first new vehicle cost me under 10K
My first car was a 1961 Austin Healy Sprite. I was in high school about to graduate and go to college. It cost $1800 with $300 down and $80 per month for 18 months. According to my inflation calculator the base price for the XL Hybrid $22,595. is $2.224. which is really close to the 1961 $1,800. I would much rather drive the pickup with all of the bells and whistles that did not come on a '61 car of almost any kind.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great color choice. I've always enjoyed the Hot Pepper Red. I regret not getting it on mine. I do love my Area 51 but I've always enjoyed metallic colors rather than enamel. The only reason I didn't get it was Hot Pepper was an upcharge color. I wanted something that was no charge and Area 51 fit the bill. Plus, it was the Maverick's debut color which is what I wanted.

It's funny how similar in size the compact Maverick is to the Ranger's of yesteryear. And yet they were considered mid-size at the time. They are great little trucks that I still see put-putting around to this day, typically in rough shape, but still running strong.

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Since 2014, all I’ve owned was my 99 Ranger with a single cab. I bought it off a farmer who was retiring with 66k original miles. It seemed he got ripped off by some paint/repair shops before selling it, but for me as a junior in high school at the time, it was perfect for what I needed.

Fast forward almost 10 years to the Ranger with 190k miles, and now I’m married, a homeowner, and in need of an upgrade. The Maverick is exactly what I needed at the right time. It’s everything I could’ve asked for and more. Shoutout to Norris Ford in Baltimore for making my ordering process as smooth and streamlined as possible.

04835704-8A94-4050-9497-A07EF2E0D780.jpeg
You know, "tiny" they may be but in the past I've worked the crap out of my little pickups so they aren't to be discounted. Gotta say, compared to my old F150, Ranger and Mazda my Mav is pretty deluxe.

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mazda B-3000 Dual Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Maverick’s scheduled to be built next week. Coming from an ‘02 Mazda B3000 DS, I’m very much excited for the upgrade. She’s served me well, almost 190,000 miles. My dad bought it new for $12,000 at the time and passed it down to me when I turned 16. Probably one of the few trucks with this mileage and age that has only been serviced at a Ford dealership its entire life. It was my ticket to freedom back then, definitely going to be bittersweet getting rid of ol’ red. Here she is in all her glory:

Ford Maverick From one tiny, red, Ford pickup to another. It still doesn’t even feel real that I have it. C691231B-3288-49FE-8C6C-AB45548EE517

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
My Maverick’s scheduled to be built next week. Coming from an ‘02 Mazda B3000 DS, I’m very much excited for the upgrade. She’s served me well, almost 190,000 miles. My dad bought it new for $12,000 at the time and passed it down to me when I turned 16. Probably one of the few trucks with this mileage and age that has only been serviced at a Ford dealership its entire life. It was my ticket to freedom back then, definitely going to be bittersweet getting rid of ol’ red. Here she is in all her glory:

C691231B-3288-49FE-8C6C-AB45548EE517.jpeg
Congrats, Andrew! Can't wait to see the new ride!
Sponsored