First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I spent a good portion of my day off getting my freshly delivered Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 detailed and accessorized to my liking. Today was paint protection and getting a couple more accessories installed. It's been washed, clay barred, and hand waxed with Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax. It's very easy to apply and doesn't have paste build-up since it's more of a liquid wax. Now it's good to go for another few months and should bead water phenomenally. Since it's Hot Pepper Red, it sure cleans up nicely and vividly. Boy does it pop in the sun!

Ford Maverick Freshly Detailed With New Accessories Installed PXL_20240305_201813909

Ford Maverick Freshly Detailed With New Accessories Installed PXL_20240305_201843185
Ford Maverick Freshly Detailed With New Accessories Installed PXL_20240305_201804999

Ford Maverick Freshly Detailed With New Accessories Installed PXL_20240305_201821272.MP

Now for the accessories. Just a couple of days ago, I already posted about my bug guard install. Now I've added two more upgrades.

#1: Stubby Radio Antenna

Ford Maverick Freshly Detailed With New Accessories Installed PXL_20240305_201756533

Just this simple little accessory goes a long way. I'm not a fan of the long and dorky factory antenna. I want something that's a little less obvious. This particular part was a transfer from my previous Maverick so I didn't have to spend money on another one.

#2: "MAVERICK" Decal Overlays

(Before)
Ford Maverick Freshly Detailed With New Accessories Installed PXL_20240305_201943210

(After)
Ford Maverick Freshly Detailed With New Accessories Installed PXL_20240305_205822827

This totally sets off the rear end. It goes great with the black wheels and the rest of the trim. Not only that, it's super cheap and fairly easy to install. This job took me twenty minutes. Thanks to a video I watched on this forum, this saved me a lot of money from having the dealer install it. Not to mention, it's good advertising! Another thing I installed that I forgot to photograph was the carbon fiber steering wheel trim. I did that to my old one and posted on it last year so anyone can visit it if they want to reference it. But now the truck is fully paint protected and just a little more accessorized. Next on the list is to tint the front windows, get some mud flaps, a hard tonneau cover and the truck will be complete. I'll get it done over time and not all at once. Makes it more fun that way. Hope you enjoyed.
Sponsored

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks nice.

D-Trick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Lariat - CarbGray, BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any radio reception differences with the stubby? I made the same change on my 2010 Mazda and immediately noticed a drop in reception to certain FM stations. Im therefore hesitant to do the same on my Mav.

OP
OP
MightyMaverick

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any radio reception differences with the stubby? I made the same change on my 2010 Mazda and immediately noticed a drop in reception to certain FM stations. Im therefore hesitant to do the same on my Mav.
Nope. Not even a slight difference. That could be because I usually listen to either Sirius XM or my Bluetooth. But even with the FM stations, I haven't noticed anything different.

IHateSpeedbumps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It depends on how far you are from the radio antennas for the station. If you spend most of the time somewhat near them or in an unobstructed view of them then you should still have decent reception. But it can drop odd quickly as you move away or around obstacles. A lot of people keep the stock one to switch out when they go on trips or venture away from the signal.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MightyMaverick

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It depends on how far you are from the radio antennas for the station. If you spend most of the time somewhat near them or in an unobstructed view of them then you should still have decent reception. But it can drop odd quickly as you move away or around obstacles. A lot of people keep the stock one to switch out when they go on trips or venture away from the signal.
I kept mine just for that purpose. Also, just in case if something happens to the stubby, I can always put the stock one back on.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I spent a good portion of my day off getting my freshly delivered Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 detailed and accessorized to my liking. Today was paint protection and getting a couple more accessories installed. It's been washed, clay barred, and hand waxed with Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax. It's very easy to apply and doesn't have paste build-up since it's more of a liquid wax. Now it's good to go for another few months and should bead water phenomenally. Since it's Hot Pepper Red, it sure cleans up nicely and vividly. Boy does it pop in the sun!

PXL_20240305_201813909.jpg

PXL_20240305_201843185.jpg
PXL_20240305_201804999.jpg

PXL_20240305_201821272.MP.jpg

Now for the accessories. Just a couple of days ago, I already posted about my bug guard install. Now I've added two more upgrades.

PXL_20240305_201756533.jpg

Just this simple little accessory goes a long way. I'm not a fan of the long and dorky factory antenna. I want something that's a little less obvious. This particular part was a transfer from my previous Maverick so I didn't have to spend money on another one.

#2: "MAVERICK" Decal Overlays

(Before)
PXL_20240305_201943210.jpg

(After)
PXL_20240305_205822827.jpg

This totally sets off the rear end. It goes great with the black wheels and the rest of the trim. Not only that, it's super cheap and fairly easy to install. This job took me twenty minutes. Thanks to a video I watched on this forum, this saved me a lot of money from having the dealer install it. Not to mention, it's good advertising! Another thing I installed that I forgot to photograph was the carbon fiber steering wheel trim. I did that to my old one and posted on it last year so anyone can visit it if they want to reference it. But now the truck is fully paint protected and just a little more accessorized. Next on the list is to tint the front windows, get some mud flaps, a hard tonneau cover and the truck will be complete. I'll get it done over time and not all at once. Makes it more fun that way. Hope you enjoyed.
Congrats on your new Maverick! The cleaning and wax really help make the red paint job stand out!
Sponsored