First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid, Toyota Crown Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was in my local Ford store asking about my Maverick order from Oct '21, rolled over Sep '22 and not anything yet after almost 20 months. Dealer is also frustrated they cannot get a Maverick. Would you like an EcoBoost? No, I want a hybrid. We also have Toyotas in the store and offer the possibility of a hybrid Prius, Corolla, Camry, Sienna, RAV, Highlander, Venza, or Crown. And while you are here, we have a bZ4X electric that just landed. Would you like to drive it? YES! And by the way , the regional sales rep for Toyota is here and would like to ride along. Great drive and interesting perspective from Toyota. They are just now coming in to the electric market, but still believe that the future in a big country like the USA will best be served by plug-in hybrids with ranges up to 200 miles and no range anxiety. Those may be coming soon! Toyota may have a better perspective of what we need than our domestic companies.. And, they have regional sales people who talk with customers.
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was in my local Ford store asking about my Maverick order from Oct '21, rolled over Sep '22 and not anything yet after almost 20 months. Dealer is also frustrated they cannot get a Maverick. Would you like an EcoBoost? No, I want a hybrid. We also have Toyotas in the store and offer the possibility of a hybrid Prius, Corolla, Camry, Sienna, RAV, Highlander, Venza, or Crown. And while you are here, we have a bZ4X electric that just landed. Would you like to drive it? YES! And by the way , the regional sales rep for Toyota is here and would like to ride along. Great drive and interesting perspective from Toyota. They are just now coming in to the electric market, but still believe that the future in a big country like the USA will best be served by plug-in hybrids with ranges up to 200 miles and no range anxiety. Those may be coming soon! Toyota may have a better perspective of what we need than our domestic companies.. And, they have regional sales people who talk with customers.
Yes the Maverick hybrid is limited now, but nearly every other Ford has hybrid options aswell. Soon to be all Ford will be available in gas and hybrid with about half also in EV. Feels like it will be that way for a decade.

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Toyota has taken a lot of heat for being behind on Full-EV, but they have been leaders in hybrids for 15 years.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I find no downside in Hybrids, especially Ford's hybrids that are all made flat-towable. I've driven Ford's Hybrids since discovering my first C-Max in 2016.

I'd buy an AWD Hybrid Maverick if one comes out that remains flat-towable, but I'd only consider a PHEV if it didn't add much cost.

A fully EV Maverick is NOT in my future. I just took a trip in My hybrid Maverick Monday to the nearest "large" city and back...it was a 225 mile trip (Gillette, WY to Casper, WY). I did not have to even stop to fuel, let alone try to find a place to charge. The large coastal cities are welcome to try EVs, but the middle of the country will always need far more range.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are a few videos about Toyota leaders views on EV. There is overlap with my views that full EV trucks will only have use in suburban areas. Hybrids should have a much longer decades more development . However, hybrids will change to EV & generator setup and not intermixed for failsafe reasons. Hopefully a EV with optional gas generator option that could be easy added to space designed for it. Then we could just rent a generator from U-haul for distance trips

Sponsored

shadowthrone

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean, everyone wants a Maverick hence the long line. I am confused why people have trouble understanding that. Toyota has a shorter line - they have been a leader in hybrids, so they have more options. None of them are a truck.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes the Maverick hybrid is limited now, but nearly every other Ford has hybrid options aswell. Soon to be all Ford will be available in gas and hybrid with about half also in EV. Feels like it will be that way for a decade.
Ford only has Hybrid options on Maverick, F150, Escape, & Explorer. No Hybrid option on Ranger, Transit, Transit Connect, Mustang, Bronco, Bronco Sport, GT supercar, Edge, or Expedition. So just 4 hybrids and 9 gas only models. Only the escape & Maverick are similar hybrids.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford only has Hybrid options on Maverick, F150, Escape, & Explorer. No Hybrid option on Ranger, Transit, Transit Connect, Mustang, Bronco, Bronco Sport, GT supercar, Edge, or Expedition. So just 4 hybrids and 9 gas only models. Only the escape & Maverick are similar hybrids.
The transit connect is gone and I thought there were plans for the transit and expedition. Also thought the edge had a hybrid, ofcourse its also out the door. But yeah you're right. I think I was basing that on rumored plans.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Toyota and Honda have been kicking butt in this country for a LONG time. They read the book by Edward Deming. This country only reads the bottom line on a spread sheet.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The transit connect is gone and I thought there were plans for the transit and expedition. Also thought the edge had a hybrid, ofcourse its also out the door. But yeah you're right. I think I was basing that on rumored plans.
TC and edge are leaving this year. Still ford only has 4 of 13 passenger vehicles currently sold in Hybrid. That's not a great selection.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Vehicles are crazy high priced now. No idea what the average income on this board is but in the USA its 53 K a year.. You can't keep selling cars for 40 grand and expect buyers when they make 53K. If China is ever allowed to sell cars in the US they would wipe the floor with current makers. China announced a 11K small suv EV 250 mile range. Granted no idea if its even meets the requirement for the US or if the quality is any good. But at 11 K makes me wonder. Back in the 80's Toyota came with much lower priced cars and sold like crazy. One of the reason the Mav sold so well base hybrid at low 20K range. The country wants a lower priced car.
Sponsored