RookieBlue7

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I purchased my Maverick back in February. And I have always serviced my vehicles by the owners manual recommendations. And when I purchased the vehicle I purchased the premium extended warranty (as I intend to keep the vehicle for a long time). The dealer told me that I would get my first 3 services for free as they convert the FordPass points (42000) into a maintenance plan and the dealership purchases an additional 5 services for you for 8 total for purchasing the extended warranty… which I had intended on the services being used every 10,000 miles as per the maintenance schedule outlined in the owners manual. Fast forward to scheduling my first service (which I couldn’t do thru FordPass as it said to call to schedule service). I got it scheduled and got my paperwork out so I could notate the service used (as I notate all my services of my vehicles). When I look, the paperwork for the maintenance plan shows 8 services sure enough. But it says for the first 36,000 miles (original warranty schedule) on a 5,000 mile interval. So you get 8 services to use within 36000 miles. Sorry, but the math is impossible even at a 5,000 mile schedule. (0-5k, 5k-10k, 10k-15k, 15k-20k, 20k-25k, 25k-30k, 30k-35k). That’s a service every 5k miles and you still are only at 7 services. How exactly are you supposed to use 8 services, follow the owners manual for the vehicle, and still do it within 36 Months?

And I realize this is a first world problem of sorts, as I do have my Maverick while others are still waiting (I bought one that was ordered and someone turned down, and did so at a mark-up and wanted extended warranty as I keep vehicles for a long time). Kind of wish I’d also told them I didn’t want the 42k points converted to a maintenance plan at this point if they were going to give me 5 services for purchasing the extended warranty. Because then I’d only be giving a few away instead of a bunch to follow the owners manual. Guess I’ll go forward by having them service the vehicle at half intervals from the owners manual to at least use 5 of them (also if you haven’t scheduled your service appointments yet, I’d advise doing so at least 2 weeks out based on normal driving habits as I had to take an appointment mid week next week in the afternoon or wait a couple weeks).
Sponsored

Last edited:

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Often the "you get 8 within 36K" or "you get 10 within 50K" thing also includes any deductible for urgent repairs or service. So you might get 6 oil changes for free and then the other 2 visits might be for emergency repairs where you did not need to pay 50 or 100 or 150 deducible for the repair. Don't know the specifics of your plan, but that sometimes is the explanation.

Czl04

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
This is why you say no to everything in the finance room.

You got played. Cancel the warranty, get your money back.

OP
OP

RookieBlue7

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is why you say no to everything in the finance room.

You got played. Cancel the warranty, get your money back.
Oh I wanted the extended warranty. Just figured the 5 services they said they were throwing in for buying it would be consistent with the owners manual for service needs. I drove a decent amount. Probably 20k miles minimum per year. I’ve put 10k miles on the Mav since February. So I wanted a warranty that’d cover a decent amount of time/driving

Czl04

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Oh I wanted the extended warranty. Just figured the 5 services they said they were throwing in for buying it would be consistent with the owners manual for service needs. I drove a decent amount. Probably 20k miles minimum per year. I’ve put 10k miles on the Mav since February. So I wanted a warranty that’d cover a decent amount of time/driving
It's a waste of money my man. All a gimmick. Base warranty is enough.

Sponsored

Pastor_Zatx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And, even if you wanted the extended warranty, you never buy it in the finance office. You can buy the identical plan through various websites/companies for half the cost.

I’m sorry, but you got played all around.

You definitely made the dealer happy. They made $20,000 on a $22,000 truck!

Last edited:

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer wanted to sell me an extended warranty for 5yrs/60k (when I said I drive at most 10k a year, and probably more like 8k or less) for $14,000 (including interest). Pretty impressive. If the Maverick has $14K of non-factory-warrany issues by the time it is 5yrs/60k old, I will eat my words.

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Am I reading this right, you're saying your prior vehicles had odometers that were 2-4x off?!
Sponsored