First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford F250, 15 VW Passat,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I usually don't strive to get a veterans discount. I was just doing my job. But for $500 off the purchase I was looking into it. Does Ford ever extend the criteria past the 2 years they have listed now for the discount? If not i am a very patriotic community with an Army base right next door. Hope my dealer will offer one. Thanks for any insight!
Sponsored

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was gonna do the college discount but mine expired already. I think the dealer may honor it still since they asked me to bring proof whenever I buy my maverick, but I assume it depends on the dealer.

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I usually don't strive to get a veterans discount. I was just doing my job. But for $500 off the purchase I was looking into it. Does Ford ever extend the criteria past the 2 years they have listed now for the discount? If not i am a very patriotic community with an Army base right next door. Hope my dealer will offer one. Thanks for any insight!
Look into Veterans Advantage program for Ford discount as another option.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I get the "doing your job" thing. I had 24 years of fun "doing my job". Ford offers it to you as a "thank you" for doing that job so I recommend you use it! Your dealer won't offer you the rebate though. You have to go to Ford's website and request it.

https://www.fordsalutesthosewhoserve.com

You will need the certificate in hand when you go to pay for your truck. I gave a copy to my dealer when I ordered but will have it in hand when (if?) I pickup just in case.

OP
OP
noticon75

noticon75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford F250, 15 VW Passat,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get the "doing your job" thing. I had 24 years of fun "doing my job". Ford offers it to you as a "thank you" for doing that job so I recommend you use it! Your dealer won't offer you the rebate though. You have to go to Ford's website and request it.

https://www.fordsalutesthosewhoserve.com

You will need the certificate in hand when you go to pay for your truck. I gave a copy to my dealer when I ordered but will have it in hand when (if?) I pickup just in case.
I would love to use that plan but it seems it is only good for 2 years after your discharge. That is why i was asking if there is ever times Ford extends that to all vets?

Sponsored

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ive never gotten the veterans discount from Ford and have bought 4 new Fords over the last 10 years. Ive been out of the military since 1999 though.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would love to use that plan but it seems it is only good for 2 years after your discharge. That is why i was asking if there is ever times Ford extends that to all vets?
Have you thought about Farm Bureau membership? Membership is often inexpensive ($20 in Indiana) and, from other posters about this, you don't even have to be a resident of the state or be in a farming industry that you seek membership in. I had to wait 30 days (if I remember right) before Ford would accept my farm bureau member number for the rebate.

https://www.fordfarmbureauadvantage.com/Login/Login

You might try that route. Your money supports farming. I'll probably renew going forward.

WarrenH

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4
I received the Military Retiree Discount of $500. Initially the dealer said I had to be within 2 years of discharge. When I said I was a retiree with 20 good years it all changed to the positive.