Ford Protect Extended Service Plans

shark978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
canyon
Engine
Undecided
Because nobody else is making something similar. I like the size, fuel efficiency, utility, etc. If Toyota were making something similar, I'd buy that instead. But they aren't, so I'm weighing my options with the Maverick. I REALLY want it to be reliable, but Ford's reputation is giving me pause. I suspect that other folks who owned small trucks from Toyota and Nissan in the '80s and '90s are facing the same dilemma. Those trucks were tough, reliable, and durable--but also small, efficient, and affordable.

Ehh, just one anecdote but my brother has a 90 something Nissan pickup thats been nothing but problems. Whereas my 08 Canyon from that font of problems GMC, has been greatly reliable, granted, the prior gen Canyon/Colorado have developed a solid reputation on the reliability front over the years.

My whole family has actually had so many problems with Nissans we pretty much dont buy them anymore AFAIK. But, YMMV.
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just never finance a warranty unless it is under the price of inflation. Personally I say take the money and invest it to use for budgeting repairs.
Ford's warranties finance separately. 0% for 24 months.

rwb1990

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback Touring
I debated and finally decided on 8yr/100K with key coverage (Lariat) and $200 deductible. Seemed to be the sweet spot for how much I drive. I bought from Flood Ford for $1340 even though I’m nowhere near them. Was set in three days and now shows on my Ford Pass app. Dunno how much the key fobs are but I lost two on my Outback and it cost me $800 to replace both. There’s no deductible on key fobs so with my absent mindedness, it could
pay for itself that way.

OP
OP
Snax

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I debated and finally decided on 8yr/100K with key coverage (Lariat) and $200 deductible. Seemed to be the sweet spot for how much I drive. I bought from Flood Ford for $1340 even though I’m nowhere near them. Was set in three days and now shows on my Ford Pass app. Dunno how much the key fobs are but I lost two on my Outback and it cost me $800 to replace both. There’s no deductible on key fobs so with my absent mindedness, it could
pay for itself that way.
I ended up buying a very similar Ford ESP. But my dealer matched Flood's prices, so I bought it locally.

I may never need it, but I appreciate the peace of mind. Additionally, I think it'll make the truck's resale easier, should I decide to sell it before the warranty is up, because most buyers feel better buying a vehicle with a warranty.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
The first extended warranty I have ever purchased. Reason HYBRID and for $75 the next owner can have the extended warranty. Selling point.
Sponsored