Ford financing question - loan to value ratio

FX4 MAV

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FX4
For those who have utilized Ford's 0% for 36 months, was a downpayment required?

If a downpayment is not required, are you able to borrow more than the vehicle's MSRP? Essentially, I'd like to borrow ~$32,500 for my Maverick to cover out the door cost with taxes/registration/etc and no money down, but my Maverick only has an MSRP of ~$30,000.

Normally I'd never even consider this, but I'd really prefer not to touch any savings or investments as a "just-in-case." I'm fine paying a small amount for GAP as required, since I'd venture to guess after just a few months I'd no longer be upside down on loan to value in the event of an emergency. I asked my dealer about this, but they didn't seem to be that helpful and said they wouldn't know for sure until they run the numbers when I take delivery. They didn't make it sound like it was unheard of by any means, but just didn't want to confirm either. My credit score seems to vary from 750-765 if that matters.

Thanks for the insight!
Sponsored

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For those who have utilized Ford's 0% for 36 months, was a downpayment required?

If a downpayment is not required, are you able to borrow more than the vehicle's MSRP? Essentially, I'd like to borrow ~$32,500 for my Maverick which has an MSRP of ~$30,000 and get by without putting anything down.

Normally I'd never even consider this, but I'd really prefer not to touch any savings or investments as a "just-in-case." I'm fine paying a small amount for GAP as required, since I'd venture to guess after just a few months I'd no longer be upside down on loan to value in the event of an emergency. I asked my dealer about this, but they didn't seem to be that helpful and said they wouldn't know for sure until they run the numbers when I take delivery. They didn't make it sound like it was unheard of by any means, but just didn't want to confirm either. My credit score seems to vary from 750-765 if that matters.

Thanks for the insight!
Most lenders are usually willing to finance up to 110% of the vehicle value... i'm not a lender though, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night! :)

OP
OP

FX4 MAV

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FX4
Most lenders are usually willing to finance up to 110% of the vehicle value... i'm not a lender though, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night! :)
Ah okay, good to know! I appreciate it.

Normally I've put down 10-25% but given the opportunity, I'd just assume put nothing down and take the 0% financing. We just put a ton into some unexpected fixes for our home and have a little one starting daycare soon 🤑 Would not be the end of the world to put some money down and pay out of pocket for taxes, but would certainly be nice to not put anything down if possible!

Now, $0 down and borrowing 110% with an 84 month term at 8% would be a very different scenario of course :oops:

Pop2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Somewhere in the small print of one of the Ford ads it mentions financing up to 110%. Check out one of the threads dealing with Maverick financing.
Sponsored