Sponsored

Ford can't differentiate a 2022 rollover over from a new 2023 order?

OP
OP
NJBob

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Remember that the order number is 100% set by the dealer just like the 10-19 priority code is. It has absolutely nothing to do with Ford Corporate. When you place your roll-over order, the dealer can set the order number to what-ever they want. I have seen nothing in any of the official Ford correspondence suggesting dealers use the same order number. If they do, then that is likely just a case of someone at the dealer just saying "for our own simplicity, just re-use the old order number since that will prevent someone from double-entering a MY22 roll-over".

Having been on this forum for over a year, my best understanding of how the system works is:

Ford decides it has X (for the sake of this example, lets say X=20) allocations for a dealer. Ford decides that month it wants a 50/50 split of hybrids/Ecos. They go to the dealer's system and see 25 Mavericks listed as Priority 10 with 5 of these being hybrid and 20 being Eco. They mark all 25 as a Priority 2. Since not eneough hybrids, they then check Priority 11s and pick 12 hybrids (and zero Ecos) from the Priority 11 and mark them as Priority 2. From this list of 37 Priority 2 vehicles, they weed out the vehicles with constraint items and select the 10 hybrids and 10 Ecos that match what-ever they think they can actually build. The remaining 17 stay at Priority 2 until the next month when more dealer allocation is given and the process starts again. Thus, Mavericks with constraint items can stay a Priority 2 for a VERY long time (which we have seen many times here on MTC).

Again, this is purely my speculation based on coments from Tim and others, but seems reasonable and I have not seen any better explanation from anyone.
Makes sense. But to have a new 23 order put in the same hopper as a 22 rollover seems not fair to people have been waiting almost a year. I have not se
Remember that the order number is 100% set by the dealer just like the 10-19 priority code is. It has absolutely nothing to do with Ford Corporate. When you place your roll-over order, the dealer can set the order number to what-ever they want. I have seen nothing in any of the official Ford correspondence suggesting dealers use the same order number. If they do, then that is likely just a case of someone at the dealer just saying "for our own simplicity, just re-use the old order number since that will prevent someone from double-entering a MY22 roll-over".

Having been on this forum for over a year, my best understanding of how the system works is:

Ford decides it has X (for the sake of this example, lets say X=20) allocations for a dealer. Ford decides that month it wants a 50/50 split of hybrids/Ecos. They go to the dealer's system and see 25 Mavericks listed as Priority 10 with 5 of these being hybrid and 20 being Eco. They mark all 25 as a Priority 2. Since not eneough hybrids, they then check Priority 11s and pick 12 hybrids (and zero Ecos) from the Priority 11 and mark them as Priority 2. From this list of 37 Priority 2 vehicles, they weed out the vehicles with constraint items and select the 10 hybrids and 10 Ecos that match what-ever they think they can actually build. The remaining 17 stay at Priority 2 until the next month when more dealer allocation is given and the process starts again. Thus, Mavericks with constraint items can stay a Priority 2 for a VERY long time (which we have seen many times here on MTC).

Again, this is purely my speculation based on coments from Tim and others, but seems reasonable and I have not seen any better explanation from anyone.
So if a dealer decides to put a 22 rollover in as a 10 they would get the same priority if a 23 also has a 10. If dealer gives 23s a Priority 11 at least the 22 with a priority 10 has a chance of getting scheduled earlier. I am sure many dealers would but not all.
Sponsored

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
what I can contribute is that my Sales Code and Order Code on the '23 order were identical to the '22 order. And that Ford has both those numbers, as I used them with Ford Chat to check '22 status.
So I just went and looked at my orders for 2022 & 2023 and the sales codes are identical but the Order codes are different. Actually the order codes are mostly the same except for the first character. On the 2022 it's "M" and the 2023 it's "J". Is that normal or should the order code also be exactly the same?

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is often the initial of the sales person. Mine was "K" both times. Did you have a different sales person the 2nd time?

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is often the initial of the sales person. Mine was "K" both times. Did you have a different sales person the 2nd time?
Yes, my initial salesman is no longer with the dealership.

OP
OP
NJBob

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would be nice if the J signified a rollover. Ah just seen the most recent post. Does not seem that's the case.

Sponsored

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford instructed dealers to set rollover orders as priority 10 and new orders at 19 (which is normal practice for retail orders).

If all dealers followed that rule, then all the rollovers are likely to be pulled and built first, with some variation to account for allocations. Should work.

The real problem will be shady dealers who want to jump the 2023 queue by putting in new 2023 orders at priority 10. That could displace rollover orders, risking delay and maybe no build. Would be interesting to hear from anyone here who has seen evidence of that behaviour to gauge how widespread the problem could be.

I would like to think Ford would step in if there are too many priority 10 orders compared to the number of rollovers. But I’m not holding my breath.

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is zero excuse for Ford handling rollovers in this fashion. They have the original order date for the 2022 orders, and builds of rollover 2023 orders should be built in that order...plain and simple. There's is no reason a different priority code should be required, nor should it be affected by a particular dealer's allocation. Those who ordered first should be at the top of the list.

But simple logic like that is over the head of the people running Ford, sadly.

"Created equal" is just a phrase in the US Constitution, but they ignore it and do whatever they want to treat some people better than others.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Created equal" is just a phrase in the US Constitution, but they ignore it and do whatever they want to treat some people better than others.
Raise the issue with the Supreme Court that Ford is violating your constitutional right to a Ford Maverick.

OP
OP
NJBob

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford instructed dealers to set rollover orders as priority 10 and new orders at 19 (which is normal practice for retail orders).

If all dealers followed that rule, then all the rollovers are likely to be pulled and built first, with some variation to account for allocations. Should work.

The real problem will be shady dealers who want to jump the 2023 queue by putting in new 2023 orders at priority 10. That could displace rollover orders, risking delay and maybe no build. Would be interesting to hear from anyone here who has seen evidence of that behaviour to gauge how widespread the problem could be.

I would like to think Ford would step in if there are too many priority 10 orders compared to the number of rollovers. But I’m not holding my breath.
Totally agree. This should not be in the dealers hands. May be to tempting for some. But looks like that's what we got!

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From what I have recently read Ford does not have a process to differentiate a 22 rollover from a new 23 order. If true how can this be possible? Many have already waited a year.
They can they have just chosen not to. If they can see someone qualifies for a private offer they can see that person had a 2022 order and could give it priority. They are not doing that but instead counting on dealers to further ruin their reputation....I mean set a higher priority for roll-over orders.

Sponsored

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They can they have just chosen not to. If they can see someone qualifies for a private offer they can see that person had a 2022 order and could give it priority. They are not doing that but instead counting on dealers to further ruin their reputation....I mean set a higher priority for roll-over orders.
Probably more of a corporate inertia and silo problem than intentional.

The factory just builds batched orders and doesn’t know or care where they come from. The scheduling system software only recognises priority and allocation markers, not categories like rollovers when scheduling orders for the factory. The marketing department, to their credit, did want to do something for rollover customers, but they have no power to change the other fossilised group processes. So they came up with using the existing priority system plus a private offer under their control that provides some kind of price protection. The only flaw is it depends on dealers taking the requested actions.

I am not defending Ford’s rollover solution, just trying to explain what likely happened. But if the Ford machine is that hard to change, Jim Farley sure has his work cut out for him!

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am not defending Ford’s rollover solution, just trying to explain what likely happened. But if the Ford machine is that hard to change, Jim Farley sure has his work cut out for him!
They can obviously add new items like a black appearance package or Tremor to their system for MY2023, so we know they could just as easily add one date field for the original order date and a check box to indicate it's a rollover and prioritize those ahead of brand new orders.

They simply choose not to, because they don't see any upside to it. A sale is a sale, and if you don't buy it, someone else will buy it off the lot, so they don't care about what's right or what's wrong.

Rentman1225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forde Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Source on that? I may have to yell at my dealer to increase my priority code.
See #5

Ford Maverick Ford can't differentiate a 2022 rollover over from a new 2023 order? conversio

Sorry, I don't know who to credit but this was on another thread.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

To help weed out any shady dealers, regional reps should make all 22 rollover orders priority 2 so even if some dealers put new 23 orders at 10 or 11 the priority 2 will still supercede it.

OP
OP
NJBob

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
See #5

conversion.png

Sorry, I don't know who to credit but this was on another thread.
Well at least it's a process. Looks to me you can go to another dealer. As long as they set the priority code correctly.
Sponsored

Last edited: