Sponsored

Are switching from Hybrid to EB for your rollover 2023 order?

Are you switching from hybrid to EB for 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There doesn't seem to be anything happening to resolve Ford's ability to build more hybrids. Is it time to give up and order an EB instead?
Sponsored

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrids' a gold mine! It's like finding a gild nugget and tossing it back in the water!

OP
OP
atomguy245

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrids' a gold mine! It's like finding a gild nugget and tossing it back in the water!
and about as easy to find as panning for gold.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm considering switching but also placing a second new 2023 order at another larger dealer. That would probably get me an Eco-boost pretty quick to have until hybrid gets built 12-18 months from now. I would order a pretty loaded Lariat hybrid this time and I expect a long, long wait on that.

I first have to wait to see if a miracle happens and I get scheduled. Also to find out how exactly Ford is going to handle the rollover orders. Then I'll make my plans.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
and about as easy to find as panning for gold.
Having a reservation is like having the Golden Ticket! At a very least, it'll grant you access to the factory! Winning it is another story!

Sponsored

OP
OP
atomguy245

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't decided what to do. I ordered the hybrid more for the idea of having a hybrid truck. If I reorder the hybrid, I am going to spec it the way I want it, with the features I want, same as my current order. If I switch, I will just get a base EB AWD 4k. Then at least I will have a "real" truck. My sticking point with the XL is the lack of heated power mirrors. I can't even remember the last time I didn't have heated mirrors. Do I need a miniature scraper/squeegee?

I guess it'll come down to how Ford rearranges the options, and whether I think the new trims and packages are going to get constrained and delayed again.

Pumkin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado Ford Transit 350 HD
I'm in Canada dealer has no clue on delivery but says before 2023. But he will gladly give me my full deposit back. That just means he wants my truck. No way in HECK am I cancelling or changing anything.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't decided what to do. I ordered the hybrid more for the idea of having a hybrid truck. If I reorder the hybrid, I am going to spec it the way I want it, with the features I want, same as my current order. If I switch, I will just get a base EB AWD 4k. Then at least I will have a "real" truck. My sticking point with the XL is the lack of heated power mirrors. I can't even remember the last time I didn't have heated mirrors. Do I need a miniature scraper/squeegee?

I guess it'll come down to how Ford rearranges the options, and whether I think the new trims and packages are going to get constrained and delayed again.
It they included cruise on the XL I'd do that with AWD and 4K tow. I even like the steelies.
Sponsored