First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So has anyone really gone to town using the flexbed to create separate cargo spaces or other useful things? It seems odd that nobody has posted much about any creative carpentry or engineering utilizing these features.
Sponsored

houselog442

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
So has anyone really gone to town using the flexbed to create separate cargo spaces or other useful things? It seems odd that nobody has posted much about any creative carpentry or engineering utilizing these features.
Well I was planning to put homemade rails in like in the ford video how to do, but ford got the materials required wrong. Those shelf bolts that Ford where M6 bolts is not correct. They are M8 bolts (I bought one and tried it and it fits). I decided instead of rails I will just get eye bolts and then can strap a bungy cord into it to keep my cooler in place

Last edited:

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Once I find a suitable cap I'm thinking about installing a shelf over half the bed at the height of the walls. I might try to use the the rail system so it can slide forward and back.

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I was planning to put homemade rails in like in the ford video how to do, but ford got the materials required wrong. Those shelf bolts that Ford where M6 bolts is not correct. They are M8 bolts (I bought one and tried it and it fits). I decided instead of rails I will just get eye bolts and then can strap a bunny cord into it to keep my cooler in place
I am going to adapt these rails - they are slick looking and have nice anodized adjustable rings.

www.cargoequipmentcorp.com/Heavy-Duty-L-Track?quantity=1&l_track_profile=Angled&l_track_mounting_option=No%20Mounting%20Holes&custcol_l_track_length_hd=1

But that's not what I meant - I was talking about using wood in the pre-formed slots for different projects. Curious nobody seems to have done much. I want to at least put a board in the forward most slot and use that to keep a box of stuff from sliding all over the place and another toward the back to line up grocery bags. But that's simple stuff.
Sponsored