First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Mav is the first truck that I've owned. For the past 30+ years of driving when ever I've needed a truck I've had to borrow one from friends or family. But, this weekend after doing some yard work I was able to use my own vehicle (without relying on others) to run the yard waste to the local yard waste dump.

Ford Maverick First time truck owner doing truck things for the first time PXL_20230820_183506689

I used a tarp in an attempt to make it easier to unload. My attempt was successful. I ran a rope through the grommets on the corner of the tarp closest to the bed and pulled. That rolled the yard waste out of the truck, and only required a brief sweeping once I got home.
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Make it with Mav!

OP
OP
Sembazuru

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of course, while writing the above I remember rolling and stashing the rope. But I don't remember folding up the tarp. Me thinks that I need a new tarp. 😢

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Of course, while writing the above I remember rolling and stashing the rope. But I don't remember folding up the tarp. Me thinks that I need a new tarp. 😢
Rut roh! ☹ Oh well, at least tarps are cheap. Congrats on being a truck guy now!!

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Whoa. Take it easy with the heavy loads ;)

I'm sure that orange bed liner helps to hid a lot of stuff too. You see everything with darker colors.

Sponsored

RobbieAG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL EB AWD 4k Tow CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll be a first time truck owner too. Until now, I've used my Harbor Freight utility trailer towed by my Rav4 for truck duties.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome to truckville, USA. Guess I did not realize people could go that long with owning a truck. Man, I would go crazy if I looked out the door and both trucks were not there. Bought my first truck more than 50 yrs ago and do not think I could survive without one. Glad you were able to put the Mav to good use.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Saturday I took a load of branches (had to rope/ tarp which was as high as the antenna) to the dump place, took bike mountain biking, brought some 4x4x8ft poles home, and went back for 4 bags of cement (50lbs each). We love love love having our Mav!

fordtoughwait

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It really is the best of both worlds. Zippy and efficient around town and handles 80% of my Truck type needs. (90% if I make two trips :))

Ford Maverick First time truck owner doing truck things for the first time Truck Mower

Ford Maverick First time truck owner doing truck things for the first time Truck Wood
Sponsored