OP

Powers

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Its both my wife and I's first time buying a new or even one built this century. We just ordered a VB XLT FX4 4K. Only options are rear window, splash guards, full sized spare, and inverter. Super excited even though we know it probably wont be here till summer. Also we got it for 27k from Granger.
Gonna be a kid on Christmas the day its ready for pickup
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Gonna be a kid on Christmas the day its ready for pickup
For sure. Of course since we live in Hawaii thats gonna be a complex process. Right now we are weighing shipping vs airline ticket costs. Looks like if we pick it up in person we will pay and extra $1200 for a short vacation from Iowa to the coast. Food and lodging included aswell as a small detour to South Texas to visit my dad.

OP
OP

Powers

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
For sure. Of course since we live in Hawaii thats gonna be a complex process. Right now we are weighing shipping vs airline ticket costs. Looks like if we pick it up in person we will pay and extra $1200 for a short vacation from Iowa to the coast. Food and lodging included aswell as a small detour to South Texas to visit my dad.
Well at least by the time you get to the coast, you will have really broken it in. Hope you still want the truck by the time you are ready to cross the Pacific 😬

jmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welcome to the waiting for a truck club! It's really nice to see someone with a realistic expectation when it comes to the order->deliver time. On the bright side, your wait should be less than many others'. PLUS plenty of time to see what other people have done with their Mav to give you some ideas before yours arrives. That's what I keep telling myself anyway!
Why would the wait time be less than others? Are you referring to hybrid orders or something else?

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would the wait time be less than others? Are you referring to hybrid orders or something else?
Just the general constraints that have popped up along the way, such as the spray in bed liner or even something simple like the floormats. Less you add, less things getting in the way and slowing up the build. Assuming they haven't sorted all that out

Sponsored

jmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just the general constraints that have popped up along the way, such as the spray in bed liner or even something simple like the floormats. Less you add, less things getting in the way and slowing up the build. Assuming they haven't sorted all that out
I suppose that is possible depending on how they organize their assembly line. My oldest son that worked at a Toyota plant indicated they built to order and did not run batches of one color or option packages.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I suppose that is possible depending on how they organize their assembly line. My oldest son that worked at a Toyota plant indicated they built to order and did not run batches of one color or option packages.
I think since they've been dealing with all kinds of supply shortages and logistic issues, they've had to adopt a "build whatever we can with what we got" model. Not to mention the dealer allocation business that seems to make no sense. It's been darn near impossible to give anyone a best guess as to when they will get their vehicle. I'm never ordering a vehicle in a pandemic ever again!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well at least by the time you get to the coast, you will have really broken it in. Hope you still want the truck by the time you are ready to cross the Pacific 😬
Well I wanted a Bronco, but I didnt really want the one I could afford. Even though the base is better than the FX4 Mav. However the Maverick ticked every box for our daily driver needs. If I do start to wear it out, I will use its equity to get the Bronco I want.

But we love roadtrips like that. 3 years ago we took an Eagle cross country almost 4000 miles over 3 weeks. It was an amazing trip even if it was a pain to keep the oil inside the motor! Did everything from rock crawling in Moab to running 90 mph in South Dakota.

OP
OP

Powers

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Well I wanted a Bronco, but I didnt really want the one I could afford. Even though the base is better than the FX4 Mav. However the Maverick ticked every box for our daily driver needs. If I do start to wear it out, I will use its equity to get the Bronco I want.

But we love roadtrips like that. 3 years ago we took an Eagle cross country almost 4000 miles over 3 weeks. It was an amazing trip even if it was a pain to keep the oil inside the motor! Did everything from rock crawling in Moab to running 90 mph in South Dakota.
Heck yeah man! Jealous of that South Dakota experience. Safe travels if y'all fly out to the Midwest for the truck
Sponsored