First time ordering a new car

Powers

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Ordered my Ford Maverick during the first week of January. Went with a Velocity Blue XLT with the 2.0 AWD. This will be replacing the 36 gallon, wallet emptying, 16 MPG, and the slowly rusting F-150. Eagerly waiting for that email from Ford with the scheduled built date. Even though I know it'll be a while before I get that news. But one can hope
Ford Maverick First time ordering a new car Screenshot_20220106-115437~2
Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome to the waiting for a truck club! It's really nice to see someone with a realistic expectation when it comes to the order->deliver time. On the bright side, your wait should be less than many others'. PLUS plenty of time to see what other people have done with their Mav to give you some ideas before yours arrives. That's what I keep telling myself anyway!

OP
OP

Powers

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Welcome to the waiting for a truck club! It's really nice to see someone with a realistic expectation when it comes to the order->deliver time. On the bright side, your wait should be less than many others'. PLUS plenty of time to see what other people have done with their Mav to give you some ideas before yours arrives. That's what I keep telling myself anyway!
Was given a time frame of 15-20 weeks. But even I know it's not accurate. Did order mine with the plastic bed liner. But after hearing that it was causing lots of delays due to demand and supply. So took off that option really quick

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was given a time frame of 15-20 weeks. But even I know it's not accurate. Did order mine with the plastic bed liner. But after hearing that it was causing lots of delays due to demand and supply. So took off that option really quick
It seems like the less add-ons you have, the more likely you'll be to have a faster build date. But who knows for sure?

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's a popular set of options on your choice. You might try doing a search to see if one's not already out there.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Powers

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
That's a popular set of options on your choice. You might try doing a search to see if one's not already out there.
I'm sure there is. I know there's a one at my dealership that's similar to mine except it's a hybrid FWD. But they were ordered way back in mid 2021. I was just late to the ordering party. I had no interest in a Maverick until I saw one in town and my view opinion of them did a complete 180

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Random, tangentially related note for first time new car buyer - bring a check. It was my first new car and I didn't realize they couldn't just take my bank info and pull my down payment out, like how I pay off credit cards or my previous credit union loan.

Wasted an hour having to get a cashier's check. Also super embarrassing.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just joined the order club today:

Ford Maverick First time ordering a new car 2022 Mavrick Order Confirmation

Also an XLT/AWD, mine will be Alto Blue. I also ordered the luxury package, Co-Pilot 360, and FX4 package. I might have gotten carried away on the options, I'll have to think about that. Dealer said to expect at least 4-5 months but they have no real idea, just guessing based on past Maverick orders. I expect to wait.

I checked around and there was nothing anywhere near me in North Carolina or Virginia that was even close to what I wanted. I decided if I am spending $30k-ish I am getting exactly the color and options I want, not settling. I'll wait and smile (well not really) about it.

Here is hoping we get ours before we expect them!

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I thought it was a requirement to only drive Cornhusker red vehicles in Nebraska. Just joking :)

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also, I had a really hard time deciding on the color, I think you picked a great one too! Ford has some good colors on these, I even like the Orange.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Powers

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
I thought it was a requirement to only drive Cornhusker red vehicles in Nebraska. Just joking :)
Lol Red and white were definitely on the top of my list. But that velocity blue.... I'll be the only one in my family with a non husker color and a Ford 😂

OP
OP

Powers

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Also, I had a really hard time deciding on the color, I think you picked a great one too! Ford has some good colors on these, I even like the Orange.
Theres an orange fx4 in my town and the only Maverick in my area. Made me change my opinion on the Maverick. So clean and fresh

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Theres an orange fx4 in my town and the only Maverick in my area. Made me change my opinion on the Maverick. So clean and fresh
Damn them for locking the Orange behind the XLT trim. My Cactus Grey looks fine, but orange is my signature color.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Its both my wife and I's first time buying a new or even one built this century. We just ordered a VB XLT FX4 4K. Only options are rear window, splash guards, full sized spare, and inverter. Super excited even though we know it probably wont be here till summer. Also we got it for 27k from Granger.

OP
OP

Powers

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Damn them for locking the Orange behind the XLT trim. My Cactus Grey looks fine, but orange is my signature color.
Ford knocked it out of the park with the color options for the Maverick. Will be interesting what new colors/options they add in the future!
Sponsored