First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi everyone! I've been doing some research on a potential replacement for my 2015 Chevy Colorado, and the Maverick really fits my needs. Utility, efficiency and a back seat big enough for adults all at a reasonable price. I plan on placing an order on a 2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid when order banks open in August.

I'm located in central Texas, but I'm willing to take a drive if anyone can recommend a good dealer in the region. So far I haven't been impressed with the (lack of) service provided by my local Ford dealership.
Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Welcome to the forum!

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome! I'm sure you love the Colorado, but I'm equally sure you'll love your Maverick even more. I had a 2018 Z71 (odd name, right?) and really appreciated its rough road capabilities and that it could be flat-towed. The hybrid Maverick is just a better vehicle when it comes to comfort efficiency, and economy. Keep in mind, these qualities are what's important to my needs ... others may have different needs

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi everyone! I've been doing some research on a potential replacement for my 2015 Chevy Colorado, and the Maverick really fits my needs. Utility, efficiency and a back seat big enough for adults all at a reasonable price. I plan on placing an order on a 2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid when order banks open in August.

I'm located in central Texas, but I'm willing to take a drive if anyone can recommend a good dealer in the region. So far I haven't been impressed with the (lack of) service provided by my local Ford dealership.
Hi, There is a guy on here called "The Texas Mavericks" Any ways he swears by Sewel Ford dealership in Odessa Texas. He said they sold him a cancellation order for msrp. He lives in Valley View Texas. You can search him out at the top of the page here.

OP
OP
BroodingBork

BroodingBork

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome! I'm sure you love the Colorado, but I'm equally sure you'll love your Maverick even more. I had a 2018 Z71 (odd name, right?) and really appreciated its rough road capabilities and that it could be flat-towed. The hybrid Maverick is just a better vehicle when it comes to comfort efficiency, and economy. Keep in mind, these qualities are what's important to my needs ... others may have different needs
I've really enjoyed the Colorado, but I'm at a point in life where my needs are changing. I need a commuter with utility rather than a workhorse.

Sponsored

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Don't know how far you are from Long-McArthur Ford in Salina, KS, but if you research for @fordvideoguy you'll find they seem to be one of the best in your broad area of the country.

Yep, probably a longer trek than you'd like but Tim is a corner stone on this MTC forum for updated information, reputable sales, etc. I think for the 22MY they also had some sort of free shipping offer, but I had already ordered one from my local Chicago suburb dealer.

You can also find Tim's Maverick videos on YouTube by just searching for "Long-McArthur Maverick".

Good luck in finding a reputable dealer!

Last edited:

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Hello again, I gave you bad info, so lets do it again....The guys handle here is OXHB619, and He commented on the thread called "The Texas Mavericks" His comment is on page 24 and is comment number is 355......You might find other options there too...

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Strongly suggest ordering from a dealer who SELLS a lot of vehicles since allocation is a KEY element on fulfillment. In So CA, its faster than NV or IN or WY or KS etc. you get my point.

So be open to sending your order to a metro market dealer instead of the smaller ones.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've really enjoyed the Colorado, but I'm at a point in life where my needs are changing. I need a commuter with utility rather than a workhorse.
Yep, same here. When my Colorado caught fire and burned out I had the opportunity to re-examine my truck needs for purchasing another vehicle and the Maverick became a perfect fit.
Sponsored