Charlie O

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been reading comments about the tires issues some are having with their Maverick. I got my Area 51 Lariat 2 weeks ago. I realized i have Michelin tires on mine, whereas, i believe, most of the tire comments dealt with continentals or other brands. My Michelins drive great and look great. Just wondering if i lucked out.
Sponsored

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been reading comments about the tires issues some are having with their Maverick. I got my Area 51 Lariat 2 weeks ago. I realized i have Michelin tires on mine, whereas, i believe, most of the tire comments dealt with continentals or other brands. My Michelins drive great and look great. Just wondering if i lucked out.
You paid out, not lucked out... ;)

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a '22 Lariat EB with Michelins and 8,700 miles on the odo. The Michelins are great, they were rotated once at 5k, even wear, nice riding. I am hoping my '24 hybrid Lariat comes with Michelins. In early advertising for Mavs, the info specifically stated that Lariats had Michelins. Starting with the '23 Lariat, it no longer specifically mentioned Michelins.

rallyshark

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It comes down to wheel size. If you have 17" you get Continental, if you have 18" you get Michelin. At least, that's the case on the front wheel drive Mavericks.

Samcat13

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat '22'
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a '22 Lariat EB with Michelins and 8,700 miles on the odo. The Michelins are great, they were rotated once at 5k, even wear, nice riding. I am hoping my '24 hybrid Lariat comes with Michelins. In early advertising for Mavs, the info specifically stated that Lariats had Michelins. Starting with the '23 Lariat, it no longer specifically mentioned Michelins.
I also have a '22 Lariat EB with Michelins. Ride is quiet and smooth.

Sponsored

08ranger

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat, Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a 23 Mav Lariat Hybrid with Michelins as well-have always had them before so was happy to see them! Mine are doing well at14K

Skeeter163

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question for anybody that knows,how do I reset the tire presure monitor after I rotate the tires?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question for anybody that knows,how do I reset the tire presure monitor after I rotate the tires?
Some have posted that theirs will reset after 20 mile trip or 20 minutes or so I don't remember which. You have to drive a short distance to turn the monitor on and the computer reads the to every so often and can figure out position on truck where tires are Some purchase a reader/programmer and do it. You can stop by Discount tire and they will do it. I have my dealership rotate mine and they do it or maybe let truck figure it out. Manual has procedure that you activate the programming and you let air out of driver front then pass front, right rear and driver's rear in that order until horn honks. Have to complete all four in 15-20 minutes or have to start over as the tps monitors turn themselves off to conserve their batteries after 20-30 minutes of no motion. Batteries in Sensors are supposed to last ten years or 125-150K miles.

Skeeter163

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for your help. I’ll take your advice.

MavChris

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT, 22 Bronco Sport, 19 Flex SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've got the Continentals on my 23 EcoBoost. I just turned 10k miles. I can't complain at all about the tires so far. Quiet and do well in snow/wet road conditions. Tread wear is normal and even.
Sponsored