First Name
Deron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will be ordering a 2023 Ford Maverick in September when the bank opens. I have read a number of posts on this site about chips in the paint. I was thinking of adding the protective film for the hood and fenders when I place my order. Someone recently said though that after a few years, the film does not look good on some of the other Ford vehicles. Can anyone comment regarding this? Is it worth getting?
Sponsored

dennish

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat :-)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put PPF on both my cars and no issues after 12 years and 7 years. No discoloration or peeling.

All depends on how you take care of it and maintain it. That being said, I initially ordered factory PPF but changed to aftermarket. Aftermarket provides better coverage and more options IMHO. I removed mine after seeing a trainer at the dealer and lack of coverage. But, either way I am a proponent of PPF and would recommend either option instead of none. Plus aftermarket I got headlights, mirrors and A pillars.

OP
OP

CBJ10

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Deron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you. That makes sense. I should have asked the question whether there is a difference (better or worse) of aftermarket PPF. I guess I need to look into that before ordering and then remove it before the build date will be...I am sure I will have tons of time though to do that!

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thank you. That makes sense. I should have asked the question whether there is a difference (better or worse) of aftermarket PPF. I guess I need to look into that before ordering and then remove it before the build date will be...I am sure I will have tons of time though to do that!
Also keep in mind that it will probably delay your truck being built. It has been a huge constraint item for 22MY

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also keep in mind that it will probably delay your truck being built. It has been a huge constraint item for 22MY
I credit @fordvideoguy with the rule of thumb of omitting any DIO when ordering a Maverick because the transportation to and from the off site body company delays an order as much as the components that may or may not compound the wait time because they're a constraint item.

Sponsored

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had also read a lot of comments about chipping paint. Many of them were from all wheel drive buyers. So, I assumed many could be from offroad activity. Much of the chipping appeared to be in the hood area. So to be on the safe side, I ordered the Ford bug shield. It hugs the hood. No problems with chipping to date. I have had my Lariat Hybrid since the end of March. City and highway driving about 50/50.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I credit @fordvideoguy with the rule of thumb of omitting any DIO when ordering a Maverick because the transportation to and from the off site body company delays an order as much as the components that may or may not compound the wait time because they're a constraint item.
Yep. I dropped SIBL and CP360 based on information he provided. Just had rhinoliner done after delivery and couldn't be happier with it. I'd still be waiting for delivery otherwise.

SLingbarT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hybrid Lariat Cactus Gray Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put PPF on both my cars and no issues after 12 years and 7 years. No discoloration or peeling.

All depends on how you take care of it and maintain it. That being said, I initially ordered factory PPF but changed to aftermarket. Aftermarket provides better coverage and more options IMHO. I removed mine after seeing a trainer at the dealer and lack of coverage. But, either way I am a proponent of PPF and would recommend either option instead of none. Plus aftermarket I got headlights, mirrors and A pillars.
That had to set you back a pretty penny, i'd bet $1000
Sponsored