Sponsored

Copilot 360 question

hitchhike79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Maverick XLT Cactus Grey
What version of Copilot 360 are the Mavericks actually being delivered with?

I have seen various videos/info about the system on other cars but not much on what is Maverick getting. Even some trims look to get different levels of 360? Ie some get auto lane keeping and adaptive cruise?

Any of you knowledgeable folk or those who have actually had a truck delivered have the info?
Thanks
Sponsored

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only the Lariat gets lane centering and adaptive cruise:

Ford Maverick Copilot 360 question 1635293080425

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

1635293080425.png
That's interesting. Where did you find that?

I'm asking because all the previous specification lists I've seen for Maverick put Hill Descent Control as something that comes only with the FX4 Off-Road Package. But everything else on that list is part of one or another version of Co-Pilot 360.

OP
OP

hitchhike79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Maverick XLT Cactus Grey

1635293080425.png
Its really hard to believe a modern car not having sensors for parking. I get the camera is there but sensors play a big role.

This feels like the cruise control feature, you want a "normal" car, upgrade.
I love the truck, but i cant stand the nickle and dime method if we can only get certain things on certain trim models.

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's interesting. Where did you find that?
Thatā€™s from the comparison on the Ford website. Right under the model choices when building your Maverick

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its really hard to believe a modern car not having sensors for parking. I get the camera is there but sensors play a big role.

I love the truck, but i cant stand the nickle and dime method if we can only get certain things on certain trim models.
Letā€™s not lose site of where the pricing starts here. A fully optioned Maverick is still less than 95% of every other truckā€˜ out there starting price.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thatā€™s from the comparison on the Ford website. Right under the model choices when building your Maverick
Weird. Hill Descent Control is definitely listed in the Co-Pilot360 section of that comparison grid.

But it's not listed in any other descriptions of Co-Pilot360 that I can find. Here's a couple of images from the trim comparison brochure:

Ford Maverick Copilot 360 question 1635300013450
Ford Maverick Copilot 360 question 1635300025714

Hill Descent Control shows up in the FX4 but not the Co-Pilot360. 2022 Ford Maverick Trim

Wonder what the deal is? Hill Descent Control only works between 2-20 mph so it seems more like an off-road thing. But maybe not...

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
Weird. Hill Descent Control is definitely listed in the Co-Pilot360 section of that comparison grid.

But it's not listed in any other descriptions of Co-Pilot360 that I can find. Here's a couple of images from the trim comparison brochure:

1635300013450.png
1635300025714.png

Hill Descent Control shows up in the FX4 but not the Co-Pilot360. 2022 Ford Maverick Trim

Wonder what the deal is? Hill Descent Control only works between 2-20 mph so it seems more like an off-road thing. But maybe not...
It's listed as optional because u need both 360 and fx4 to get it
(P) means it is part of the 360 base package for that model

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A number of the features in that matrix you don't actually get via CoPilot 360 option. Like adaptive cruise, lane centering, the rear parking sensors, and evasive steering are actually in the Lariat Luxury Package.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

If the pricing was fair I'd LOVE the nickle and diming choosing of options. I beats spend hundreds of dollars to buy a package just because it's the only way to get the one thing you want.

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's listed as optional because u need both 360 and fx4 to get it
(P) means it is part of the 360 base package for that model
I just tried building a Maverick with FX4 but without CP360. It worked fine and included Hill Descent Control. So I think it's really part of that package. CP360 doesn't seem to be required to get it.

When I do it the other way, CP360 but without FX4, I don't seem to get Hill Descent Control.
A number of the features in that matrix you don't actually get via CoPilot 360 option. Like adaptive cruise, lane centering, the rear parking sensors, and evasive steering are actually in the Lariat Luxury Package.
Right, that's how it works out. CP360 is included with the Lariat Luxury Package, but apparently the term "CP360" means different things at different trim levels. The technologies you listed are only part of the Lariat flavor of CP360. I think that's what this listing means:

Ford Maverick Copilot 360 question 1635301318390

But CP360 doesn't seem to include Hill Descent Control in any of its flavors.

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, 96 Geo Prizm 1.8L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I think ford could have made a 2nd package add on across the lower end.
Toyota for example for $580 you blind spot monitors, rear cross traffic alert, lane departure warning with lane keep. $1280 got you that and also comes with smart key (push start, doors that unlock when you touch them), HomeLink, Auto dimming mirrors. Adaptive cruise is stock. The higher end already get all this.
Different models of the car will get some slight differences with the add on packages. Lower end get lane keep with a slight lane centering and the higher gets that and lane trace/follow. Lower end the adaptive cruise only work to 30 mph or 40 mph but the high end gets full range to 0 mph. Lower does not get 360 cameras but the high end has the option for it.

I hope when they put out a AWD for the hybrid Ford will also make it to add stuff like this on.

Last edited:

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Iā€™m actually a big fan of not having parking sensors. They just annoy me on rentals and adding a camera works great for me.

My car is so old it was before mandatory backup cameras.

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™m actually a big fan of not having parking sensors. They just annoy me on rentals and adding a camera works great for me.

My car is so old it was before mandatory backup cameras.
Seriously, shouldnā€™t you always be looking behind you (through the HD camera right in front of your face) when *reversing*. I would actually much prefer front parking sensors than rear, I can already see behind me perfectly, itā€™s the front where Iā€™m a little less sure maneuvering in tight spaces.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Safety features should be available as an option on all trims, IMHO. That includes lane centering, ACC, auto dimming,, etc. In a package or separately. I do like that they allow CP360 in all trims, but should be a little more robust offering. Or have an additional CP360+ option.
Sponsored