Sponsored

stevhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
@Ford Motor Company "Just do it"

@Ford Motor Company The time is now! Don't be scared
Ford built a great car, the Ford Focus Electric, which I used as my daily driver for 4 years, until the lease was up, so there is no reason why they can't build an equally great Maverick Electric. The Focus Electric never saw the inside of a shop the whole time I owned it.

The only "problem" with the Focus Electric was the limited range with 33kwh battery: about 200km (120 miles) in the summer and only about 120km (75 miles) in a Canadian winter. An electric Maverick would not have this problem as they could put a much larger battery in it.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Yet I also can’t help but consider how much more wonderful this vehicle would be as a full-on electric truck. Because when trucks are no longer beholden to the gas engines up front, companies like Ford can truly reconsider not just what trucks can be today, but what vehicles can become next."

I'll be first in line when/if Ford produces a full-on electric Maverick.
You’ll be the first in Canada and I’ll be the first in the US LOL! I loved my EV I sold in January (Hyundai Kona) but it was just a tad too small and I couldn’t haul much☹ However I did feel like a race car driver, it was like a jack rabbit!

I have a reservation for a 150 Lightning but i think I’d rather have a Mav EV. I’m going to see which comes first, the 150 or the Mav EV announcement.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Would love a EV Maverick. The realistic time-line to getting one does not look promising. I think how high demand is for the hybrid maverick then think about all supply constrants and battery constrants. Might be able to buy one in 10 years at this rate. Like the lightning. Bet I would not be able to get my hands on one for 5 years.

OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not against someday having full electric's but someone want to explain to me where we will get this electricity from? CA. already (other states too ) have a hard time keeping the lights on in summer months. Many electric grids including the big three at this time could not handle the load of even 50% all electrics and currently most are highly subsidized with coal and natural gas to maintain performance/capacity. The cost and just about everything battery related use enormous amounts of natural resources to produce and at this time there is no real recycle programs and will likely be stockpiled like nuclear waste as just burying them is not an option. Like many others I believe that Hybrids make the most sense at this time in history and other alternative fuels for ICE vehicle's are the best route.
I invested in the whole package and all the rebates! I had 12 solar panels and a Tesla Powerwall which charged my car (256 mi range) at home once a week. I also had a $0 electric bill! BTW, when I sold my home it appraised higher with the panels and battery than other comparable homes!

It took 2 charges for my 450 mile trips, average cost $16-20! Yes, I would definitely buy an EV again!
Sponsored