NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, today I got my last (hopefully) Free Oil Change where I got my 2012 Chevy Colorado, Lester Glenn Chevy on Route 37 West in Toms River. I assume/hope my October 30 Maverick XL base hybrid order will be delivered by August. So had some time to just look around the lot and they had almost a dozen Colorados in case some of you are tired of waiting for your Maverick and wanted to check them out. Was shooting the breeze with one of the sales guys and I mentioned how expensive ( to me at least) Silverados and F150s can get when you start adding endless junk onto the base price. He told me the past couple years, he doesn’t know where buyers are getting their money from but folks seem to think nothing about spending $60-70,000 on Silverados. Anyway, if you are thinking about a Colorado , they have a good amount of them.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, today I got my last (hopefully) Free Oil Change where I got my 2012 Chevy Colorado, Downs Ford on Route 37 East in Toms River. I assume/hope my October 30 Maverick XL base hybrid order will be delivered by August. So had some time to just look around the lot and they had almost a dozen Colorados in case some of you are tired of waiting for your Maverick and wanted to check them out. Was shooting the breeze with one of the sales guys and I mentioned how expensive ( to me at least) Silverados and F150s can get when you start adding endless junk onto the base price. He told me the past couple years, he doesn’t know where buyers are getting their money from but folks seem to think nothing about spending $60-70,000 on Silverados. Anyway, if you are thinking about a Colorado , they have a good amount of them.
Thanks for the info but mot thinking about it too long; imho the Colorado is very badly in need of an update..... Not sure where the money is coming from for the big trucks; actually, I do. From a lender.

OP
OP

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the info but mot thinking about it too long; imho the Colorado is very badly in need of an update..... Not sure where the money is coming from for the big trucks; actually, I do. From a lender.
The current Colorado looks nothing like mine. The front looks like it is a bigger truck but the dimensions aren’t that much different in reality. It certainly is higher than mine. I sat in the driver seat and it is significantly higher.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The current Colorado looks nothing like mine. The front looks like it is a bigger truck but the dimensions aren’t that much different in reality. It certainly is higher than mine. I sat in the driver seat and it is significantly higher.
Well, there should be some difference if yours is a 2012. I take it that you are buying the Maverick because you think it is a better value and fits your needs better than the Colorado?? Hope you get yours soon. Good Luck!!

OP
OP

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wellk there should be some difference if yours is a 2012. I take it that you are buying the Maverick because you think it is a better value and fits your needs better than the Colorado?? Hope you get yours soon. Good Luck!!
Actually the Colorado fits my needs better since I move a fair amount of things and I have a 12 and a half foot kayak. That being said, it has 130,000 miles and it is the oldest and highest mileage vehicle I have ever had. It has been a great truck and I have spent very little on repairs. Just getting nervous about such an old vehicle, but the biggest reason is the price of gas.

Sponsored

Prostate Heaven

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Actually the Colorado fits my needs better since I move a fair amount of things and I have a 12 and a half foot kayak. That being said, it has 130,000 miles and it is the oldest and highest mileage vehicle I have ever had. It has been a great truck and I have spent very little on repairs. Just getting nervous about such an old vehicle, but the biggest reason is the price of gas.
I tend to think that 130,000 miles isn't that much on a modern vehicle - especially if the vehicle has been reliable up to that point and is in otherwise good condition.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
130k? That is just broken in on a modern car- mine all (every make) go 250 before I start to worry about big repairs. My Mav will replace an ‘11 Jetta with 230k that still runs like the day we bought (and leaks like crazy through its pano roof).

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first vehicle was an 05 colorado and my dad has a 17 that I drive a fair amount. The difference in size is huge. Even if some of it is just more perceived aside from height. The new gen colorados just feel so lumbering and oversized. Exactly like the new ranger. It's still a great truck but only with the V6 imo. My dad's is the 4 banger and that thing is dangerously slow lol. The mav feels so much like my old 05 in that it's just the right size. But now that I'm older and have more need to carry people the crew cab is perfect and the short bed is totally workable for my light duty needs. Also it doesn't have a terrible clutch and shifter that I need to row. Also isn't a rwd (even with sand bags over the rear) death trap in the winter lol. Funny how none of that mattered when I was a 20 yo E4 but now that I have a fiance with a possible family in the future the other stuff does.

OP
OP

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gas prices are killing me. Up to $4.39 around here. I can’t imagine filling up a big Ram, Tubdra, Silverado, F-150 right now. Must be well over a $100. Hybrid can’t get here soon enough—will be disappointed if delivery is passed August.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My last fill up on my maverick was $65 but I get around 450-490 a tank so it is as bad. If I was to baby it 100% of the time I could get over 500 but I can't drive like I would pull my hair out

Sponsored
OP
OP

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My last fill up on my maverick was $65 but I get around 450-490 a tank so it is as bad. If I was to baby it 100% of the time I could get over 500 but I can't drive like I would pull my hair out
These days I get MAYBE 20 mpg on my 2012 Colorado.

Hotrodbob42

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford fusion hybrid
I see a lot of people in here saying that the Maverick doesn't offer rear defroster, but I've never seen any pick up with rear defroster even 80k truck's so what's the big deal??

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see a lot of people in here saying that the Maverick doesn't offer rear defroster, but I've never seen any pick up with rear defroster even 80k truck's so what's the big deal??
I didn't have one in my old Silverado. The defogger would barely clear up the windshield but you know what glass surface never needed to be defogged?

The rear window.

Pepsi Gary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Plat.
Gas prices are killing me. Up to $4.39 around here. I can’t imagine filling up a big Ram, Tubdra, Silverado, F-150 right now. Must be well over a $100. Hybrid can’t get here soon enough—will be disappointed if delivery is passed August.
My F150 with a 36 gallon tank, @ $4.39 sets me back $158

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My brother in law's Silverado had one. I'm not sure how often he needed it, but it was there...
Sponsored