PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good job indeed. Did you use the Ford DIY video for instructions? I am going to have to do that myself.

OP
OP

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good job indeed. Did you use the Ford DIY video for instructions? I am going to have to do that myself.
For the most part, Yes.

The parts list on the video is incomplete. It does not include the washers (seen as black washers inside the struts on the picture) used for attaching the black bolts (which are also on the picture leaning against the struts but barely visible) through the struts to the bed. The only "Fender Washers" that the parts list mentions are the ones shown with the Eye-Bolts (painted the same blue color as the eye-bolts which makes them appear to be part of the eye-bolts but they are not).

With the exception of the bolts (which are originally black), and the end caps (which are originally blue), all other parts are originally stainless steel silver and were painted to create a color scheme that would match an "Area 51" exterior and the orange accents interior. I like to see orange against a black (sprayed painted bed liner) background as that makes for an easy visual location detection.

Instead of using 12 gauge struts I used 14 gauge struts.

Let's hope that there are pre-drilled & pre-threaded holes on the bed of the Maverick when is finally delivered.

All the other trinkets (water bottles, USB charging/ data cables, sanitizer dispenser, cigarette lighter adapter, License Plate Frame, etc.) came from the $ store where my girlfriend was having fun by finding all things "Area 51". She's currently looking for "Area 51" towels to go along with an "Area 51" Ice Chest ... why not have fun with this whole thing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
For the most part, Yes.

The parts list on the video is incomplete. It does not include the washers (seen as black washers inside the struts on the picture) used for attaching the black bolts (which are also on the picture leaning against the struts but barely visible) through the struts to the bed. The only "Fender Washers" that the parts list mentions are the ones shown with the Eye-Bolts (painted the same blue color as the eye-bolts which makes them appear to be part of the eye-bolts but they are not).

With the exception of the bolts (which are originally black), and the end caps (which are originally blue), all other parts are originally stainless steel silver and were painted to create a color scheme that would match an "Area 51" exterior and the orange accents interior. I like to see orange against a black (sprayed painted bed liner) background as that makes for an easy visual location detection.

Instead of using 12 gauge struts I used 14 gauge struts.

Let's hope that there are pre-drilled & pre-threaded holes on the bed of the Maverick when is finally delivered.

All the other trinkets (water bottles, USB charging/ data cables, sanitizer dispenser, cigarette lighter adapter, License Plate Frame, etc.) came from the $ store where my girlfriend was having fun by finding all things "Area 51". She's currently looking for "Area 51" towels to go along with an "Area 51" Ice Chest ... why not have fun with this whole thing.
Check Wally World for the towels. They have some cheap ones, and IIRC they are close to Area 51.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where did you get all the parts you show in your photo here?

OP
OP

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where did you get all the parts you show in your photo here?
LOWE's. Struts were originally silver metal and were then painted painted orange. End caps are originally plastic blue and stayed that way. When you buy the struts make sure the end caps fit whatever size struts you bought.

Eye Bolts were bought from AMAZON and painted blue. Washers were painted black.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOWE's. Struts were originally silver metal and were then painted painted orange. End caps are originally plastic blue and stayed that way. When you buy the struts make sure the end caps fit whatever size struts you bought.

Eye Bolts were bought from AMAZON and painted blue. Washers were painted black.
So if I show this photo to the folks at my local Lowes store they will know what I'm looking for? What about the special eyebolts and whatever is behind them to secure them to the rail? Might you have a link to the products on Amazon? They don't look like the standard eyebolts. Thanks for your help!

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So if I show this photo to the folks at my local Lowes store they will know what I'm looking for? What about the special eyebolts and whatever is behind them to secure them to the rail? Might you have a link to the products on Amazon? They don't look like the standard eyebolts. Thanks for your help!

Our wonderful MTC member @Shay has a DIY video and a website with a parts list for the bed rail system. The website for the parts list is listed below...

http://testdriven.tv/2022/05/2022-ford-maverick-diy-bed-rail-anchor-system/#.Y1rtadLMK3A

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid