Sponsored

Does Yakima Bedrock HD require track adapters if Mav has aluminum bed tracks?

schematic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Hi folks, I've struggled to find the answer after hours of research, so hoping someone here has definitive first hand experience...

My Maverick is Lariat with luxury package, so it has the aluminum tracks with adjustable tiedown handles in the bed.
I need a bed rack (for occasional use of a Thule cargo box I already own) and have it seems like the Yakima Bedrock HD with 68" bars is a decent option. (I like the look of the Thule Xsporter low more, but it doesn't seem compatible.)

My question:
Yakima markets "track adapters" for trucks that have these tracks (esp, it seems, Tacomas). I've read conflicting info about whether Mavericks with aluminum tracks need these adapters. Anyone care to share their experience?

(Incidentally, whew what a underwhelming experience I had at Rack Attack. Even though they had those feet in stock, they wouldn't let me try the fit myself without incurring a 15% restocking fee. Nor could they tell me definitively whether those feet would work without track adapters. Needless to say, I'll be buying from someone else.)

Thanks for any info!
Sponsored

OP
OP

schematic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Update: in case anyone else is in the same situation:
- Bedrock HD does not require adapters to fit the 2022 Maverick with luxury package rails
- Bedrock HD actually includes the track adapters anyway (they aren't bought separately)
- 68" bars were required, I don't like how much they stick out but oh well

I already had this big Thule box and I'm liking this setup for the rare occasions when I need to stow something secure and weatherproof. Most of the time the rails and box are on a shelf in the garage. But the whole thing goes on in 5-10 mins and comes off just as fast.

Ford Maverick Does Yakima Bedrock HD require track adapters if Mav has aluminum bed tracks? 2022-09-17 18.11.02
Ford Maverick Does Yakima Bedrock HD require track adapters if Mav has aluminum bed tracks? 2022-09-17 18.11.24

Rentman1225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forde Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want to do something similar. Like you, I already have the cargo carrier. Just need my truck now. :)

Smack

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with low profile.
I might do the drawers in the bed, still thinking on that one...

Ford Maverick Does Yakima Bedrock HD require track adapters if Mav has aluminum bed tracks? IMG_2622.JPG
Sponsored