Sponsored

Does the lane centering feature operate all the way down to a brief stop and auto-resume?

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I read the appropriate section in the Maverick owner's manual, but it did not answer my question.

On a friend's Honda, he told me that the factory steering assist does not operate below 20 MPH, which he hates. Is the Maverick's system more capable?
Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

ACC will take it all the a stop, with or without Lane Centering. I have done it a multiple times. However, you have to press Res to get it to start driving again, but it will accelerate with the traffic.

Haven‘t tried it in stop-n-go traffic on a curve.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No and most likely because turns at 20mph can be vastly more drastic in terms of degrees. Lane centering is first and foremost an assist system and not meant to be a autopilot.

OP
OP
MostlySafeBear

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No and most likely because turns at 20mph can be vastly more drastic in terms of degrees. Lane centering is first and foremost an assist system and not meant to be a autopilot.
I know its not auto-pilot, nor can it replace a driver, just wanting to know if it's better than my friend's Honda. He says that the steering assist that he has disengages below 20 MPH, even though his adaptive cruise will still come to a stop and resume from a stop as long as its not more than a very few seconds, and that the steering disengagement below 20 MPH makes driving in heavy traffic very annoying for him.
Sponsored