Sponsored

Do weathertech mats have the passenger attachment clip hole?

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My ford mats don’t have the hole in the passenger mat to connect them in so they don’t move around but it bothers me more because there’s a lump under it.

Do the weathertech mats have the hole for the peg to clip into?

They offer better coverage so excited to try them butdon’t want to run into the same issue. How good is the connection of the peg in the hole compared to the ford rubber mat?
Sponsored

carny2411

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know you were asking about weathertech, but I wanted to share that I just put in Tuxmats. They are great. Provide a ton of protection (have the holes to lock in place) provide clips to put under the trim to keep extra secure and are a different material that feel nice. Pic attached.

Ford Maverick Do weathertech mats have the passenger attachment clip hole? IMG_3464

OP
OP
Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I looked at those but prefer the weathertech design material, just a preference thing. Still hoping someone with weathertech mats can confirm the front one has an actual connector for the peg on the passenger side.

BoskoPColtrane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bosko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My ford mats don’t have the hole in the passenger mat to connect them in so they don’t move around but it bothers me more because there’s a lump under it.

They offer better coverage so excited to try them butdon’t want to run into the same issue. How good is the connection of the peg in the hole compared to the ford rubber mat?
My Ford mats are really heavy dirt and do not move around at all. Maybe something is wrong with yours?

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I have the Weathertech mats. They use two snaps on the driver's mat and one shap on the passenger mat. The snaps line up PERFECTLY with the studs on the floor. Weathertech doesn't make mats for the rear, maybe later. One thing I have noticed in my 40-or-so years with Weathertech, each generation of mat is a lot lighter (quality?) than the previous generation. Still a great mat. Hope this helps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Ford mats are really heavy dirt and do not move around at all. Maybe something is wrong with yours?
I put on my wetsuits in my passenger seat before going surfing so likely I’m pushing on the mats more than normal use 😀

OP
OP
Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the Weathertech mats. They use two snaps on the driver's mat and one shap on the passenger mat. The snaps line up PERFECTLY with the studs on the floor. Weathertech doesn't make mats for the rear, maybe later. One thing I have noticed in my 40-or-so years with Weathertech, each generation of mat is a lot lighter (quality?) than the previous generation. Still a great mat. Hope this helps.
Awesome - thank you.

HawkeyeBunny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford C-Max SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have Weather Tech mat for my rear seats. I've been pleased with the mats. They fit nicely and don't move around like some others I've had. And snap in nicely.

gailmarshall

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 & 2021 F-250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Yes Weathertech mats have the hole for the peg to clip into. I’ve purchased Weathertech mats for every vehicle for years. I love them. Once I knew my Maverick was delivered I ordered them and they arrived the same day I brought my Maverick home.

RLmesc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Kia Sportage, 05 Porsche Boxster S, 85 Kawasaki
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Weathertech has snaps as stated and DOES make rear mats for the Ecoboost trucks.

ziotomasso

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I totally agree, GAB. Happy with my decision to get Weathertech.
Sponsored