blackb13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just picked up one of these on clearance at Best Buy to see if it would work underneath the orange silicone cover and it does! When the silicone is re-installed, you can't even tell it's in there.

No drilling or need to remove panels. It fits fine, installed it in the driveway. Includes a USB cord that you can plug into whichever port you want. For now, since I have wireless Android auto, I have it running to the rear port, but I'm eventually going to modify it and hide the cord.

Not bad for ~$5+ tax.
Ford Maverick DIY Qi certified wireless charger for ~$5 PXL_20230113_013036790
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just picked up one of these on clearance at Best Buy to see if it would work underneath the orange silicone cover and it does! When the silicone is re-installed, you can't even tell it's in there.

No drilling or need to remove panels. It fits fine, installed it in the driveway. Includes a USB cord that you can plug into whichever port you want. For now, since I have wireless Android auto, I have it running to the rear port, but I'm eventually going to modify it and hide the cord.

Not bad for ~$5+ tax.
PXL_20230113_013036790.jpg
Great Find. Thanks for the tip, I had been looking into doing the same thing with wireless charger in that tray. I just stopped at local Best Buy and bought one on clearance for $3.49+tax.
Sponsored