Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have a air compressor get Raptor liner .. I did the entire outside of my jeep and you can get it tintable my nieces TJ in Artic Blue

Resized_20190505_131645.jpg
Wow. I would say if you have a compressor and know what you are doing!!
The jeep looks great
Sponsored

PostaL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC Terrain
Wow. I would say if you have a compressor and know what you are doing!!
The jeep looks great
Thanks it is nowhere as hard as painting that is for sure.. the hardest part it the prep work.

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used a bedliner called Monstraliner on my CJ7 inside and out 10 years later and still looks great

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI if you used these type of products and your not satisfied with it ,will cost you twice as much the removal and re spray the liner, have it done professionally linex or bullet liner are the best will last you for the life of the truck and it’s just few hundred more.

Sponsored

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did a longer on my frontier. I believe the upol longer or one very similar was what I used. It turned out pretty well and held up for the past 5-6 years. A couple spots flaked off but that was most likely to improper preparation. Sanded the bed very hands and had a tiny little compressor. A 6-8 gallon compressor will be more than adequate. Debating doing it again myself when I get my Maverick. Bullet wired $550 and I am waiting on a line x quote still

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rebuilding antique cars is sort of my hobby...painting a car is the easy stuff. If you look at all the hardware that has to be removed before SIBL is prep'ed, then painted, then replace all the hardware that was moved.

As others have said, the "prep" of sanding off the bed's OEM paint is a big job in itself...without the proper tools. If you don't have all the tools, sprayer, compressor, higher powered drills, $$ in masking tape, cleanup chemicals, body overspray covers and a decent "place" to paint, that makes it even harder. Keeping the liner paint out of the bed drain and drill bracket holes is not easy. My LineX installer knew how to clear the drain holes, without use of a drill.

I scheduled a SIBL with LineX - 3 guys jumped on the job and were done in 2 1/4 hours, dry to the touch. Takes 24 hours to fully dry. $550 and a very professionally done job...my LineX dealer even put on my additional 8 tie-down brackets to the side of the bed, at no charge.

Last edited:

PostaL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC Terrain
you can get it any color,, i got the pigment for that color at an auto part store that sell auto paint and mixed it myself..

this is from upol site :
Visit your local automotive paint (PBE) supply store, and they can help you color match. RAPTOR is compatible with any solvent based color, including 2K acrylic solid color and mixed acrylic basecoats, and can be added up to 10% by volume (ask your paint supplier to leave out the binders if possible for best pigment density). NOTE: Acrylic basecoat toners tend to have high color strength so use sparingly (less than 10% tint by volume). RAPTOR cannot be used with water based, polyester, or enamel paints.

Sponsored

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
you can get it any color,, i got the pigment for that color at an auto part store that sell auto paint and mixed it myself..

this is from upol site :
Visit your local automotive paint (PBE) supply store, and they can help you color match. RAPTOR is compatible with any solvent based color, including 2K acrylic solid color and mixed acrylic basecoats, and can be added up to 10% by volume (ask your paint supplier to leave out the binders if possible for best pigment density). NOTE: Acrylic basecoat toners tend to have high color strength so use sparingly (less than 10% tint by volume). RAPTOR cannot be used with water based, polyester, or enamel paints.
Thats a good look on a Jeep…would have done that to my 2001 in a heartbeat. It being my first car it took a beating in the mountains of East TN 😂

Folsom Mav

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl
yes both are total Raptor lined...that was about 1 year ago. when i did mine it was a total of 30 hours tear down to reassemble... the actual time to spray was about 3hrs allowing time to cure a bit between coats. It took forever to pep.. had to sand down all the shine of the clear coat.
How long did you wait between coats? I just ordered the raptor liner and watched a few videos but I don't recall them saying how long they waited between coats.

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The only linex dealer in my area wants 975 for the job. The only Rhino liner place wants about the same. If I line the bed I'll be doing it myself.

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How do you cover the side bed bolt holes?
Tapered silicon plugs inserted in the holes keep the paint or liner out. Like these:
Sponsored