First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After being rear-ended my Mav is going to the shop on the 19th of December I wanted to know if getting a DV is something I should attempt on my own?
Does anyone have experience with Deminish Value (DV) companies (WCA Wreck Check Apprasial, Tiger DV just to name some I reviewed) to take care of my case or is this something I can do myself?
Thanks ahead for the help
Sponsored

OP
OP
sarduyjorge

sarduyjorge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Initial check for the repairs (before going to the shop) $6,800
Insurance says after the shop gives assessment they pay for other hidden damages.

MaveLick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM REBEL (Soon to be Maverick)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After being rear-ended my Mav is going to the shop on the 19th of December I wanted to know if getting a DV is something I should attempt on my own?
Does anyone have experience with Deminish Value (DV) companies (WCA Wreck Check Apprasial, Tiger DV just to name some I reviewed) to take care of my case or is this something I can do myself?
Thanks ahead for the help
When the car is fixed, call the insurance back. In GA, someone took an insurance company to court and won. The insurance company would just write the check but do not expect much. The car owner could still negotiate a fair DV value if I remember it correctly.

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would think that you could get an offer on your Mav from Carmax, Carvana, etc and disclose the fact that it's been in an accident and see what their offer is. Then get an offer on your Mav without disclosing the accident damage and see what the offer is. The difference in price (if any) would be the DV, or a ballpark figure

RanCheeto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt, Audi TT, 59 Corvette, 30 Model A, etc...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As someone who appraises vehicles for a living and our company (small, wont disclose), good luck. Something like the Mav is desireable but not collectable. People will still (probably) pay top dollar to get one, short of being "salvage" "rebuilt" etc... You will probably pay more to hire someone than the $$ of the DV claim. That be said, doesn't hurt to ask :)
Sponsored