scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You jumped ahead of me in line, you got the truck you wanted for the price you originally ordered it at and you got the incentives and interest rates you originally ordered at.

If I were in your shoes, I would count my blessings and walk from the 2023.
Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Consider: A certain small percentage of any model vehicle may actual be a Lemon. Kind of like Roulette. By getting another new vehicle you are spinning the Lemon Wheel again.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Lots of good insight and perspective from everyone. I appreciate it!

woozoo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Woo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you check carvana and carmax and see what they will be offering you today? Might help you make a decision since prices is trending down.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'd say if you can make an extra $3000 or so selling the current one, you can pay down the principal on the new one and save of the interest on the Tremor.

I'm in a similar boat although neither of my 22s were ever built. I have my canceled VIN being built now and should have it in a few weeks. I also have a rollover with Chapman Horsham (I know). My plan was if the Chapman one gets scheduled before the local one arrives (not likely) then I'll walk away and wait on it because I'll get the 3% below invoice. If not, I might take this one and see if I can make anything off of it when the Chapman one comes in and if so I'll take that one. If not, I'll let them have it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'd say if you can make an extra $3000 or so selling the current one, you can pay down the principal on the new one and save of the interest on the Tremor.

I'm in a similar boat although neither of my 22s were ever built. I have my canceled VIN being built now and should have it in a few weeks. I also have a rollover with Chapman Horsham (I know). My plan was if the Chapman one gets scheduled before the local one arrives (not likely) then I'll walk away and wait on it because I'll get the 3% below invoice. If not, I might take this one and see if I can make anything off of it when the Chapman one comes in and if so I'll take that one. If not, I'll let them have it.
Yeah, part of me feels as though if I can make $3K or more on the existing truck, it's almost unwise NOT to do that. And while keeping it until the new one comes in and trading it would be simpler, there is no guarantee that values won't decline significantly over the next few months. Selling now would lock in the gain.

Then again, if there is no offer available for a significant amount over my OTD cost, then this is all moot. That will be the answer, and I'll simply keep this truck until the other one arrives and re-evaluate options again at that time based on current value/trade offer.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, part of me feels as though if I can make $3K or more on the existing truck, it's almost unwise NOT to do that. And while keeping it until the new one comes in and trading it would be simpler, there is no guarantee that values won't decline significantly over the next few months. Selling now would lock in the gain.

Then again, if there is no offer available for a significant amount over my OTD cost, then this is all moot. That will be the answer, and I'll simply keep this truck until the other one arrives and re-evaluate options again at that time based on current value/trade offer.
Yeah, that's what I'm looking at doing. I'll get offers when the new one comes in and if I don't break even at least after all the fees, I'll just stick with the one I have. I would be financing both so I would have to take an extra hit on my credit which sucks, but that's it. I am also considering doing ceramic and tint and don't know if I get rid of it, I need to make sure I get that cost back as well.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah, that's what I'm looking at doing. I'll get offers when the new one comes in and if I don't break even at least after all the fees, I'll just stick with the one I have. I would be financing both so I would have to take an extra hit on my credit which sucks, but that's it. I am also considering doing ceramic and tint and don't know if I get rid of it, I need to make sure I get that cost back as well.
Yeah, the accessories/add-ons complicates things. I have a ceramic coating scheduled for Wednesday, but I told the guy I might have to postpone. If I sell this truck, I'd never recoup that cost. And there are some other things I want to do to the truck if I keep it, such as adding a lift kit, spraying the undersize with Fluid Film, etc. Might just have to hold off for a bit.

Right now, I am waiting to hear back from Chapman Philly regarding the Tremor. I would not feel comfortable selling my existing truck unless/until I confirm with them that we are good to go on the Tremor at the agreed upon pricing details. Can you imagine selling the Maverick you had only to get screwed by the dealer on the next one? Man, that would suck!
Sponsored