2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If that happens I will not be buying a 24
So what alternative will you be looking at that will have no price increase?
Sponsored

gstockton

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 nissan titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So what alternative will you be looking at that will have no price increase?
I was not just talking about the price increase thats part of it but the wait not knowing when or even if I will get one
Well I first ordered a 22 then it went to a my23 and if it does not get built why would I keep waiting I will just buy something else that is in stock on a dealer lot it does not have to be a Maverick I already have one truck I have seen Rav4 on dealers lots in last few weeks at MSRP about the same price as a Maverick . the Maverick was a good buy when I first ordered 15 months ago but with all the price increases not so much anymore

Last edited:

gstockton

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 nissan titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was not just talking about the price increase thats part of it but the wait not knowing when or even if I will get one
Well I first ordered a 22 then it went to a my23 and if it does not get built why would I keep waiting I will just buy something else that is in stock on a dealer lot it does not have to be a Maverick I already have one truck I have seen Rav4 on dealers lots in last few weeks at MSRP about the same price as a Maverick . the Maverick was a good buy when I first ordered 15 months ago but with all the price increases not so much anymore

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the dealer was unusually honest with the OP. It shows me they have character. Probably picked a good dealer.

After the 2022 order window closed in what 6 days, it was obvious that half of the MY23 Hybrid orders would not be filled and most of the XL orders would also not be filled. At least the OP's dealer admitted it to him.

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the dealer was unusually honest with the OP. It shows me they have character. Probably picked a good dealer.

After the 2022 order window closed in what 6 days, it was obvious that half of the MY23 Hybrid orders would not be filled and most of the XL orders would also not be filled. At least the OP's dealer admitted it to him.
I have heard good things about this dealer in the past,,, could just be a good Guy.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have heard good things about this dealer in the past,,, could just be a good Guy.
There are good dealers out there! It has taken me 30 years of experience to identify some.

The past three years of COVID have been tough on any business. All of the US car manufacturers were guilty of cancelling computer chip orders. It is the independent dealers that are on the front line dealing with the manufacturers' supply chain difficulties. It is really hard to be a car dealer when there are no new cars to sell.

I have been dealing with one dealer, Frederick Ford in Seaford DE, for nearly 30 years. They have always been straight shooters. Their employees have been with them for decades because the dealership treats them right Their mechanics are the best! This is a rural area, and your word is your bond. I drive by three other Ford dealers that have been sold 5 times over the past 30 years and they uniformly suck at both sales and service.

The OP's dealer is demonstrating their integrity. While bad news is unwelcome, telling the truth is always the best.
Sponsored