JakePerkey

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Hello,

I'm kinda new to forums but I thought I'd ask a question before I get involved with a dealership.

I have a 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat that I put an aftermarket dash camera into (I had the camera in my previous vehicle). Unfortunately it seems my camera will not turn off as I turn the car off like it did in my previous vehicle, which makes me weary about it just sucking up juice while I'm not even driving the car. I'd like to make it so the Maverick's accessories turn off when I turn my vehicle off to avoid this issue. Thanks!
Sponsored

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
Are you using a fuse tap for power? You might be using a fuse that's always on instead of one that powers up with the car.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it hardwired or plugged into a 12V outlet?

The outlet will stay powered on for an extended period of time after you turn the engine off and get out of the vehicle.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same, I have a vantrue dash cam plug into the front 12 volt outlet and it won’t turn off right away either. Stays on even after shutting the doors too.

I figured it might be similar to my mustang that the 12 volt outlets are always hot/on even when the vehicle is off so I plugged in a switched dual 12 volt power port that allows you to manually turn on/off 12volt accessories that use the cigarette lighter plug design. I’ll probably down the line hardwire the cam but for now it’s a quick solution.

OP
OP

JakePerkey

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Is it hardwired or plugged into a 12V outlet?

The outlet will stay powered on for an extended period of time after you turn the engine off and get out of the vehicle.
It is plugged into the 12v outlet

Sponsored

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it supposed to stay on the record any bump and run collisions?

Deacon Blues

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Fit, 1997 F150
I recently bought a Garmin 47 for my Lariat Mav and realized that my dash cam would not shut down when I turned off the ignition. Since I park my Maverick in my garage and don't put a lot of miles on my truck this was not going to work for me.
So, here's what I did:
1. buy a cable that will allow you to hard wire your dash cam.

2. Using the fuse box in the passenger footwell replace one of the 10A fuses with this cable. Make sure, using a cheap test light, to find a fuse that is off when the ignition is off and on when the ignition is on.

EDIT: And be careful when you pull out he fuse. I lost two 10A (micro2) fuses when they fell down below the fuse box. After trying to find them for 10 minutes I gave up and bought some more fuses, which are hard to come by (for some reason) where I live (small town).

Last edited:

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 12v outlet stays when the ignition is off unlike a lot of other vehicles.

You will need to hard-wire it to a circuit that only has power when the ignition is on. Plenty of info here.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 12v outlet stays when the ignition is off unlike a lot of other vehicles.

You will need to hard-wire it to a circuit that only has power when the ignition is on. Plenty of info here.

Or just unplug it when you shut the truck off but I vote for a hard wire to the correct fuse using a add-a-fuse.
Sponsored