First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We will have one in soon for testing and media!
This is gonna follow just like every other ecoboost. You will gain zero hp if slapping it on for daily use. If you run your truck hard or tow it will keeps the ait’s down enough to not pull timing or boost. This keeping power where it should be.
Now if you are gonna tune your truck same idea it will allow for greater timing and boost to be added without ait’s becoming an issue.
I plan to add one simply for when I tow.
Sponsored

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
am I correct saying the purpose of the turbo is to compress air/raise pressure to the intake and the air is run through the intercooler which cools the air. Cooler air condenses and thus the pressure goes down. Can you compensate for the drop in pressure by making the air channel from the turbo to the intake smaller?
Spark ignition engines are limited by how much air you can get in. A cooler charge will allow you to get more air for your given turbo pressure. Assuming your injectors can keep up you should then be able to get more gas and thus more power.

This is based on the assumption that this device would work better than the intercooler that comes from the factory, and that you can make use of the larger air charge (like the MAF sensor has enough range, injectors as we talked, tune can be adjusted enough, etc.). Based on the gains people have made with their engines, I think it's safe to say there is room to improve. How much you improve, and how much that is worth I leave to you.

Note that this is ONLY for wide open throttle power, this won't help mpg at all.

Last edited:

urwatuis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Melyssa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Spark ignition engines are limited by how much air you can get in. A cooler charge will allow you to get more air for your given turbo pressure. Assuming your injectors can keep up you should then be able to get more gas and thus more power.

This is based on the assumption that this device would work better than the intercooler that comes form the factory, and that you can make use of the larger air charge (like the MAF sensor has enough range, injectors as we talked, tune can be adjusted enough, etc.). Based on the gains people have made with their engines, I think it's safe to say there is room to improve. How much you improve, and how much that is worth I leave to you.

Note that this is ONLY for wide open throttle power, this won't help mpg at all.
thanks for the explanation.

OneHappyTremor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tremor Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost