Cranky people in this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

austintown512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Why are there so many cranky people? I have belonged to several automotive forums and I regularly come across posts from what seems to be old crotchety posters. Catch can: "fool and his money, i've never needed one blah blah." Delays due to parts shortages: "my dealer is lying when they say there are delays! they just want me to purchase a bigger more expensive vehicle!" Someone else griping that his owners manual isn't 100% exact to his vehicle. (how they list all options "If Equipped") Are there a bunch of angry old people shaking their fist in here?
Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Are there a bunch of angry old people shaking their fist in here? "

Hell yes I'm angry. I'm 73. Got my truck 12/16 after 97 freaking days . Hope the dam thing lasts till I die. About ready to stop coming here with all the bitching going on,
Like your post.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford Maverick Cranky people in this forum? 1642925516583

Sponsored

OP
OP

austintown512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Some of us have been here since June- some without a build date. Bound to be a bit of anger over that.
Well I see more of an attitude of "if i don't want or need it, no one does." people upset over the built in wifi, badgering other people for features they want or things they want to add.

I'd make a killing if I made a FITS holder than will hold dentures, polident, ensure bottle, and a cane. Maybe a Depends dispenser?

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I see more of an attitude of "if i don't want or need it, no one does." people upset over the built in wifi, badgering other people for features they want or things they want to add.

I'd make a killing if I made a FITS holder than will hold dentures, polident, ensure bottle, and a cane. Maybe a Depends dispenser?
Hahahaha- now I see where you are going. All the bitching about Sirius is hilarious because I thought only my 75 year old father still used that. Road trips with that guy are ROUGH…same ten songs over and over again. Lets take my car pops…

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can certainly understand frustration takes over emotions when it comes to waiting, which leads to negative posts. I look at it this way. Patience runs thin, especially when one is looking forward to something they dearly want, but are disappointed when time keeps marching on without any idea if they'll get scheduled or not. With that said, negative thoughts and posts appear. I get that. I too, get tired of playing the waiting game, but I didn't let my thoughts and emotions take over. I moved on to other things to occupy my mind and body. I became proactive a week ago when the realization set in that I won't see the hybrid Maverick I ordered until summer. That's when I decided to do a search on Ford's website trying to locate a hybrid Maverick that a customer canceled. I found one, and will take delver of it this week. No dealer mark up. It was an XL, not an XLT like I ordered, but it will work.

So, for those with negative thoughts and feelings, I get it.

Sponsored

john218

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Mercedes C300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why are there so many cranky people? I have belonged to several automotive forums and I regularly come across posts from what seems to be old crotchety posters. Catch can: "fool and his money, i've never needed one blah blah." Delays due to parts shortages: "my dealer is lying when they say there are delays! they just want me to purchase a bigger more expensive vehicle!" Someone else griping that his owners manual isn't 100% exact to his vehicle. (how they list all options "If Equipped") Are there a bunch of angry old people shaking their fist in here?
Ford Maverick Cranky people in this forum? 1642935345382

Springboks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only time I have seen anyone not friendly is towards stupid or complaining posts. You yourself and complaining without providing a concrete example of why you are saying this. Can you please link us to at least two examples before making statements like this?

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like someone needs to get that boy/girl laid.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s not just “old” people complaining. I’ve been on this forum for many months before the Maverick was introduced, and I’ve seen complaints from ALL age groups.

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whose complaining. I just want to know why you ordered yours after I did, and you have a build date and I don’t… not complaining… just curious who you blew… LOL
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.