First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone gone through Costco auto to purchase a Mav? Did it save any money?
Sponsored

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At the time I was in the market, none of the dealers in the Costco Auto program offered Mavs. I didn't check today but my guess is that is still the case, at least in my market where Mavs are selling well.

Markii56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the Avalon 12/22/23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just tried to build a hybrid on their site, and got this message:
"Pricing for this accessory (hybrid) is not available at this time."

I have yet to see one of these pricing services that's ever provided an "unbeatable" price; if anything, their pricing often is not competitive due to fees the dealer has to pay the service (you don't think Costco refers buyers to the dealers for free, do you?). I ordered my XLT hybrid from Van Bortel Ford in East Rochester, NY and I did indeed pay invoice plus $175 dealer fee. If you order, that's the price everyone pays.

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks. Just signed up for Costco and info was in the packet.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finding a dealer that participates in the program is a story within it's own. Smaller dealerships with limited inventory will mark up trucks and tell you their not interested while they might opt in to sell excess Mach E's.

Sponsored

Andy&Alisa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy & Alisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Atlas Blue Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Our advice would be to make sure you check with the dealership they're working with and be sure they are offering Costco discounts on Mavericks. Be sure you are dealing with the specific person at the dealership who's working with Costco. Get it all in writing.

We originally were trying to get a' 22 and went through Costco's site, connected with and gave a downpayment to a dealer an hour and a half away (there was one very near us but not Costco participating). We then had to order a '23, waited over a year, and when it was about to be delivered, the dealership told us they'd sell it to us at MSRP, and tried to convince us how lucky we were that they'd do that. Thing was, the Costco price was supposed to be UNDER MSRP, but between the time we originally went to the dealer and when our car arrived, they were no longer offering any Costco discounts for the Mavs. We contacted Costco, and they were AMAZING, and worked with the dealership and us. We did get our Mav late last year at a little under MSRP. Coscto completely went to bat for us!! They rock!!

null98115

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Karmann Ghia, Westfalia, Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer that had my Maverick also had a $2500 markup on it (reduced from $5000 - greedy jerks). I worked with a dealer that was in the Costco program to try to have the truck transferred to them as they would sell it to me at MSRP, but the first dealership refused - even when the Costco dealership offered to trade Mavs. In the end, the original dealership dropped the markup to $1750 which I paid. I specifically waned the Alto Blue and it was the last new 2023 Alto Blue Lariat Hybrid anywhere in the country.

mcluvin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have yet to see one of these pricing services that's ever provided an "unbeatable" price; if anything, their pricing often is not competitive
But they are a great starting point to get a great price.
Sponsored