First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, my dad had something similar in his CR-V and when I drove the car it annoyed me to no end. Anyway, I see so many of you commenting that you need it…what am I missing here? Why are there so many posts that mention this as the necessary add on?
Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't order it. 🤷‍♂️ I think a lot of people did because of the packaging: "I wanted the full size spare anyways and it's only $____ more."

I just ordered the full size spare sperate.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really depends on your preferences. I have almost identical features on my current car and use them all daily. I wouldn't buy a vehicle without them, especially adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist.

The collision mitigation braking has saved my butt once. It was well worth the cost even for that one single occasion.

Again, purely up to you but the value add over the cost of an insurance deductible or increased insurance rates after an accident make up the cost quickly. If it can prevent one accident, it's 100% worth it to me.
I believe collision mitigation is standard equipment on all trims.

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup, my bad - my current vehicle required a package at the time to get it so got hung up there.

Still, it's a great feature especially that it's standard.

The other features are still ones I that I use daily but I can see how some might not want them or won't use them. They offer additional protection and for me it's still worth it.

I consider the cost of a monthly payment or two to be worth it for these features.
I think that's great. My current car is a 2012 ford focus SE. I looked at the features of 360 and thought, "I don't think I want to pay for those."

I asked another thread and many people said, "well, if you're getting the full size spare anyways, it's only $___ more."

I also considered it because with good luck, this truck will be my son's first car and those are good features for a new driver.

Ultimately, I think I'm ok without it. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't order it!

To each their own. 😁

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Living in a rural area I don’t really want the lane keeping assist. There’s a lot of times where you have to drive in the center of the road to avoid trees, animals, etc. last thing I need is it jerking me back over into something I’m trying to avoid.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Living in a rural area I don’t really want the lane keeping assist. There’s a lot of times where you have to drive in the center of the road to avoid trees, animals, etc. last thing I need is it jerking me back over into something I’m trying to avoid.
If I understand how it works, lane assist shouldn't activate when you are actively manipulating the wheel?

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
If I understand how it works, lane assist shouldn't activate when you are actively manipulating the wheel?
You could be right, I didn’t look into Fords system that much since I don’t want it on my Mav. But I’m familar with other manufatures systems in relitives vehicles and it drove me nuts.

Sponsored

wyouger

First Name
Williard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger
A friend of mine was driving his daughters car with lane keep assist. The said he didn't like it because the alarm was continually going off..........then he realized, "maybe I do need lane keep assist"

Last edited:

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Blind spot monitoring is a nice tool to have.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because more often than I would like, a huge vehicle parks next to me while I am in the store, and this makes it impossible to safely back out of the parking space.
I agree. We've had a Subaru Outback with their eyesight system since 2017. The rear cross traffic alert has saved me at least 3 or 4 times. And the blind spot monitoring is a great safety feature.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, my dad had something similar in his CR-V and when I drove the car it annoyed me to no end. Anyway, I see so many of you commenting that you need it…what am I missing here? Why are there so many posts that mention this as the necessary add on?
I drove a Jeep that had lane-assist and engine cut-off and it was not pleasant. If you're in a metro area and commute a lot, then maybe I would consider 360; otherwise no thank you. I'll be using that button to disable the engine cutoff on the Eco 2.0.
Sponsored

Reactions: TCK