First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received an email from Chapman. It seems that they have 6 Mavericks for sale with $4000 markup.

Ford Maverick Chapman has  a few unsold Mavericks? 1693094200875
Sponsored

PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received an email from Chapman. It seems that they have 6 Mavericks for sale with $4000 markup.

1693094200875.png
If it is the Horsham store, stay away. I had a bad experience with all their departments. Sales, service and parts are just horrible.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last time I was up there they had a 5k markup so things must be easing. I had reasonably good experiences with both their sales and service staff, not sure what the problem is supposed to be.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it is the Horsham store, stay away. I had a bad experience with all their departments. Sales, service and parts are just horrible.
LOLLLLLLL If you had a bad experience in all their departs then the problem was you.....

I ordered and purchased both my TRX and '23 Maverick Chapman Horsham. Both experiences absolutely could not possibly have been better. From Tom, to Ashlie, to Steve, to Noland, to AJ in parts, absolutely perfect. After the Maverick delivery last month I emailed Noland about my tags last week, he responded in literally 3 minutes, zero exaggeration, 3 minutes. I called AJ about buying a hood deflector, they had only 1 left in stock, he held it under my name until I picked up my Maverick a few days later. Financially, both deals were literally to the penny of what I was originally told months prior to include price locks and Private Offers. I've probably purchased a hundred vehicles, I've not had a better experience than Chapman Horsham.... They are about 190 miles from my home, I wouldn't hesitate making that short drive and buying multiple vehicles there in the future....

Last edited:

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

1693094200875.png
I got you beat. My very small local Ford dealer whose lot is maybe 1+ acre in size total for sales, service and inventory has 13 Mav's of which 11 are hybrids. How did that happen? Encinitas Ford, Encinitas CA 92024, population 61,700.

Sponsored

PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOLLLLLLL If you had a bad experience in all their departs then the problem was you.....

I ordered and purchased both my TRX and '23 Maverick Chapman Horsham. Both experiences absolutely could not possibly have been better. From Tom, to Ashlie, to Steve, to Noland, to AJ in parts, absolutely perfect. After the Maverick delivery last month I emailed Noland about my tags last week, he responded in literally 3 minutes, zero exaggeration, 3 minutes. I called AJ about buying a hood deflector, they had only 1 left in stock, he held it under my name until I picked up my Maverick a few days later. Financially, both deals were literally to the penny of what I was originally told months prior to include price locks and Private Offers. I've probably purchased a hundred vehicles, I've not had a better experience than Chapman Horsham.... They are about 190 miles from my home, I wouldn't hesitate making that short drive and buying multiple vehicles there in the future....

[/QUOTEthat

My wife always says it's my fault. 1) Sales: Ordered in July 2021. Not much communication until the announced price increase in Dec 2021. Emailed the General Manager, at the time all orders were going through him and the franchise owner, regarding my pricing. He stated the price was the same unless I wanted to place a new order, orders closed by then. I emailed them about the status of my delivered Maverick as they had not contacted me about it. Once I went to get paperwork filled out, my salesman, first time I heard of him, told me the price was final invoice not the original invoice. I guess it was my fault for believing the general manager of a dealership that I was going to pay the original price and not the one when it had increased. 2) Service: Went to get the fire recall performed. My fault for not checking their work before I left to make sure they had secured the shield with all the screws. 3) Parts: Their system had a bumper cover on back order with no ETA. My fault for wanting the cover. I have read from the forum, the wonderful service they offer to out of towners. I live 15 minutes away from them and would have really like to take it there for service. I just chose to go to another dealership 30 minutes away. You are happy and that is what counts, I just don't get why this happened. Maybe I am just bitter from the $800 dollars extra I was not planning to pay for my Maverick.

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife always says it's my fault. 1) Sales: Ordered in July 2021. Not much communication until the announced price increase in Dec 2021. Emailed the General Manager, at the time all orders were going through him and the franchise owner, regarding my pricing. He stated the price was the same unless I wanted to place a new order, orders closed by then. I emailed them about the status of my delivered Maverick as they had not contacted me about it. Once I went to get paperwork filled out, my salesman, first time I heard of him, told me the price was final invoice not the original invoice. I guess it was my fault for believing the general manager of a dealership that I was going to pay the original price and not the one when it had increased. 2) Service: Went to get the fire recall performed. My fault for not checking their work before I left to make sure they had secured the shield with all the screws. 3) Parts: Their system had a bumper cover on back order with no ETA. My fault for wanting the cover. I have read from the forum, the wonderful service they offer to out of towners. I live 15 minutes away from them and would have really like to take it there for service. I just chose to go to another dealership 30 minutes away. You are happy and that is what counts, I just don't get why this happened. Maybe I am just bitter from the $800 dollars extra I was not planning to pay for my Maverick.
The Parts Dept has no control over back ordered parts with no ETA.

PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Parts Dept has no control over back ordered parts with no ETA.
I see what you are writing. I understand constrains with production of products. What I don't understand is how one dealer, with multiple franchises and another 9ne with multiple stores have different parts constrains. Chapman was in "forever" backorder, the other had it at their facility in 2 days. I'm not talking about common oil or air filters. This was the hitch bumper cover that I am sure no one keeps in stock.

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see what you are writing. I understand constrains with production of products. What I don't understand is how one dealer, with multiple franchises and another 9ne with multiple stores have different parts constrains. Chapman was in "forever" backorder, the other had it at their facility in 2 days. I'm not talking about common oil or air filters. This was the hitch bumper cover that I am sure no one keeps in stock.
Strange. So they lied to you about the availability of a part so you couldn't buy it from them. Sounds like they don't want to do business with you for some reason.
Sponsored