Sponsored

Adding FX4 drive modes to XLT with Forscan? I have all wheel drive.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For mixed hwy / city driving on a 2.0L ecoboost you should see an increase from 25 - 26 MPG to 28 to 29ish MPG if you stay in eco mode exclusively. For hwy only at least 32 1/2 MPG to 33ish if you stick to 75 MPH or less.

Without going through all the math assume a constant gas price of $3.50, the tank fillups are 15 gallons and you travel 12k miles each year. If you average 29 MPG that will cost $1470 rounding up for gas yearly, with eco mode now you average 32.5 MPG that will cost instead $1313 rounding up for gas yearly instead. Ultimately it saves you about $157 in gas using eco mode based on that estimate.
So now make it on the actual gas price, or at least more realistic gas price. With Joe's hate of fossil fuel I would imagine that by memorial day the national average is going to be more along the line of $4.25-4.50. Right now, where I live, no-ethanol 91 octane is running $5.29/gal (and running ethanol gets lower mpg)
Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So now make it on the actual gas price, or at least more realistic gas price. With Joe's hate of fossil fuel I would imagine that by memorial day the national average is going to be more along the line of $4.25-4.50. Right now, where I live, no-ethanol 91 octane is running $5.29/gal (and running ethanol gets lower mpg)
That is close to an actual gas price for right now as of the date of this post for most of the country for 87 w/ethanol which the cheapest I've seen is $3.58 a gallon though on average it is $3.79 at the majority of stations. That is what these trucks get appoximately MPG wise running 87 which the majority of people use.

Also what is the difference first for the MPG you get for nonethanol vs ethanol gas? Until you know that them MPG calculation can't be estimated.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is close to an actual gas price for right now as of the date of this post for most of the country for 87 w/ethanol which the cheapest I've seen is $3.58 a gallon though on average it is $3.79 at the majority of stations. That is what these trucks get appoximately MPG wise running 87 which the majority of people use.

Also what is the difference first for the MPG you get for nonethanol vs ethanol gas? Until you know that them MPG calculation can't be estimated.
For the last four vehicles, I have owned it is between 9% and 15%, depending on how high the local humidity is. The larger the engine, the greater the delta. But so far for this engine, since I have only run one tank of ethanol fuel and that was because I was out where I couldn't find non-ethanol, it has been 11%.
I am unsure where you are, but where I live the average price of 87 octane is 4.25 a gallon, and that is E10. When they start selling E15 here I would bet it will from 5 cents per

atombomb1993

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an all wheel drive XLT and I want to add Snow, rut and mud modes to my XLT can it be done with forscan? I ordered the forscan I will be getting it tomorrow but I wanted to see if anybody has done it before I tried it .
AB88A67E-E244-41D7-BC47-FFF565B6822E.png
It works likes charm for me with the For Scan Adapter on any virtually any computer loaded with a Microsoft Windows program. I have a bunch of images on the drive modes forum w/ other add-ons I’ve done.
Sponsored