Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Agreed. But I'd also say that the odds of a first-timer doing so are slim and none. Which, if you have a brand new Maverick like I do, begs the question: you really going to "experiment" with your own shiny, new toy?

The answer is up for each one to decide...
Agreed. I meant for others who have detailed in the past.
Sponsored

Jackovalltrades

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks amazing and thanks for sharing the video! I understand this was a 5 year coating and I was curious as to what kind of maintenance you would need to perform and how often? That wasn't discussed in your video.

Redline

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT shadow black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I watched the video and it looked like a lot of "busy" work. Wax on/wax off, if you will. I have also learned that people who are good at their jobs make it look easy. I have a shadow black tremor coming at some point, which is probably even more difficult because black shows everything. I think I will take your advice and have a pro do it. It would be my first time and I don't want to screw up my new toy. Thanks (y)

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks amazing and thanks for sharing the video! I understand this was a 5 year coating and I was curious as to what kind of maintenance you would need to perform and how often? That wasn't discussed in your video.
My detailer buddy recommends I get one of those foam cannon attachments for my pressure washer and give it a quick maintenance wash every so often. I'm sure frequency depends on how much you drive and in what conditions but I'd say monthly or so. Soap it up, wipe with mitt, rinse and dry. Should be pretty easy. I'll ask my detailer Andrew to maybe get on here and offer his input directly.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I watched the video and it looked like a lot of "busy" work. Wax on/wax off, if you will. I have also learned that people who are good at their jobs make it look easy. I have a shadow black tremor coming at some point, which is probably even more difficult because black shows everything. I think I will take your advice and have a pro do it. It would be my first time and I don't want to screw up my new toy. Thanks (y)
On a black truck I'd say getting it coated ASAP will be crucial. My wife drives a black SUV and we never had it coated and it's a mess!

At the time we bought it I thought coatings were overrated. Now I know better and wish we had done it. I'm going to have Andrew do a paint correction on it this spring. It'll probably take him all day to polish out the damage and it still won't be close to perfect when he's done.

Don't make the same mistake I made.

Sponsored

agerber87

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Camry 2019 RAV4
Engine
Undecided
So I’m the guy who installed the coating. I figured I’d register and answer your questions. Basically you should plan to wash the vehicle with a PH neutral soap once or twice a month to keep it clean and keep the water properties going strong. Stay away from car washes as they have very high ph in the soap and alkaline that break down coatings and any kind of protection. Be safe and wash roof down and grab a foam cannon and some bucket guards so you don’t cross contaminate your water. There are detail sprays you can safely use. If the coating gets weak it can brought back in for maintenance by the installer. Some companies require it yearly to hold down the warranty.

agerber87

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Decals are put on under the ceramic coating?
You should apply vinyl decals prior like he did. Coatings are incredibly slick and you’d run the risk of the decals not sticking if you coated it first than tried to apply the decal.

agerber87

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
On a black truck I'd say getting it coated ASAP will be crucial. My wife drives a black SUV and we never had it coated and it's a mess!

At the time we bought it I thought coatings were overrated. Now I know better and wish we had done it. I'm going to have Andrew do a paint correction on it this spring. It'll probably take him all day to polish out the damage and it still won't be close to perfect when he's done.

Don't make the same mistake I made.
Highly recommend getting it done by a professional asap after you get it. Black is beautiful but as he says in the video these mavericks have a very sensitive clear coat.

agerber87

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Is this something you can do yourself, or is it best left to the professionals?
Best to have a professional do it because the coatings take experience to work with and of course if you’ve never ran a polisher before that also can be risky. Definitely a lot of knowledge involved which definitely takes time to do. You’d honestly have a lot more money into buying everything needed to do this properly. Well worth your investment to have someone trustworthy do it. IGL Coatings has installers all over the states if you like what you see here.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So I’m the guy who installed the coating. I figured I’d register and answer your questions. Basically you should plan to wash the vehicle with a PH neutral soap once or twice a month to keep it clean and keep the water properties going strong. Stay away from car washes as they have very high ph in the soap and alkaline that break down coatings and any kind of protection. Be safe and wash roof down and grab a foam cannon and some bucket guards so you don’t cross contaminate your water. There are detail sprays you can safely use. If the coating gets weak it can brought back in for maintenance by the installer. Some companies require it yearly to hold down the warranty.
Thanks for getting on here man. You are a great resource for anyone who wants to protect their Maverick investment.

And for anyone in Eastern Pennsylvania, I'd highly recommend having Andrew coat your truck. His rates are very reasonable relative to other options in the area, and his workmanship is first rate!

Jackovalltrades

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Appreciate the responses. Thank you gentlemen. I'll get in touch with Andrew if I end up with a Maverick delivery.
Sponsored