First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariet
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I spent some time fooling around with the various menus and options for Android Auto and Car Play. If I want maps on the dash screen, I needed to plug in a phone (mine is android, wife is car play). Having not used Android Auto (AA) very much I was frustrated when it switched to the phone media player when I would change some switches on the screen. I could not easily get the "internal" Sirius to come back on. Unplugging the wire worked the best.

Tried a lot of things and finally ended up with the following fixes.

You can install Sirius XM app on your AA or Apple phone and put it in the list of apps that get displayed on the screen. It has the same stations as the built in Sirius in the Maverick but the interface is a little different and you need to set up favorites, etc. separate from the car. If you have a Sirius radio in another car (Platinum) you are allowed a mobile account. It is a different id and password from your normal Sirius account. By using the phone for Sirius in the Maverick, you do not need to keep your "Maverick truck" subscription active. You will be using "minutes" and you play the app in the car though.

You should always have the "Ford" app on the AA or Carplay screen. This allow you to back into the Sync 3 media and allows you to pick FM or "native Sirius" from the Ford Lariat. While it does not cost phone time to listen to Sirius this way, you need a subscription. Took me a long time to find this "Ford" button as the way to go back to the "native" radio.

I have also added Amazon Music Unlimited on both phones and it also uses phone time if you have not downloaded songs in a local library. It provides better audio quality than Sirius and it did have a lead on Spotify when I adopted it.

These online music apps augment a local phone media player of your choice on your AA or Apple car phone.

I have not tried Google maps extensively, but Waze plays music (of your choice) in the background. Seems to be a lot more "app" chatter in Waze (distraction).

The key is having common applications on both phones (no matter which is plugged in) and having the "music player" menu choices on the top of the list of AA and Car Play menus, respectfully. If something goofs up, for example, you push the white corner button (AA) to get the music player options back on the screen.

Be sure and have the "Ford" button on the top row. It gets you back to the internal FM and Sirius radio, if you value that option.
Sponsored

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks for the info. I am frustrated with the plug in AA as it takes away the choice of radio stations. Satelitte radio does little for me as I enjoy the #1 sports station in America based in Dallas so to get to it I have to unplug...then replug.

I have also noticed I have to chose the location where I am headed on Waze before I plug in or there is no option to search locations. Wondering if this is my phone (I'm a 1Plus guy) or the Ford interface.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the info. I am frustrated with the plug in AA as it takes away the choice of radio stations. Satelitte radio does little for me as I enjoy the #1 sports station in America based in Dallas so to get to it I have to unplug...then replug.

I have also noticed I have to chose the location where I am headed on Waze before I plug in or there is no option to search locations. Wondering if this is my phone (I'm a 1Plus guy) or the Ford interface.
Have to use voice search if you are already driving(safety feature.) AA will say handing off to Waze, then search.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Have to use voice search if you are already driving(safety feature.) AA will say handing off to Waze, then search.
Gray hair here. Would voice search be on the info screen or that little button on the steering wheel.....and THANK YOU!

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gray hair here. Would voice search be on the info screen or that little button on the steering wheel.....and THANK YOU!
Button on the wheel. If you have OK/ Hey Google enabled on your phone, you can just say that without pushing anything though.

Open Google App. Settings(May have to click profile icon top right) Google Assistant/Hey Google & Voice Search.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I rented a Ford Escape a few weeks ago and had the same issue. I've used AA on a lot of different cars and always had a home button to get back to select the audio but couldn't find it on the Escape. I guess the Maverick has the same system...great.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe a little off from what you're talking about. But I love my Motorola MA1 Bluetooth Android Auto. Connects shortly after starting the truck and never had it drop out unless I lost cellular signal. Just wanted to add this if it helps anyone.

Ford Maverick CarPlay and Android Auto Workarounds for Lariat Luxury Navigation and Media Screenshot_20220622-144523~2

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I rented a Ford Escape a few weeks ago and had the same issue. I've used AA on a lot of different cars and always had a home button to get back to select the audio but couldn't find it on the Escape. I guess the Maverick has the same system...great.
There Is a Ford Home button on Android Auto. You can also press the dash button I posted a picture of above.

Ford Maverick CarPlay and Android Auto Workarounds for Lariat Luxury Navigation and Media AAHOME

Last edited:

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Another way to get back to the Sync 3/FM Radio/SiriusXM interface is to push the Settings button(circled in red.) Then select Audio/FM/SiriusXM.

Radio.jpg
Thanks so much. MTC members are really helpful!

Sponsored

mcgarveyjb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT W/Lux and spray in
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hit the exit button in AA

ArkAngelx3

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang( 03 Cobra, 18 GT)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You folks . know you can use the menu button on the steering wheel to swap to Radio, even when AA is on? You don't have to unplug your phone to get the radio!!! And then use the foward/back buttons to change stations!

MaineAssassin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-450, Flex, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Using the voice control and telling it to "navigate to" is the best way but the menu button (3 bars) in waze will bring up a search option with typing as well but it's not as easyt or as fast as talking to it. The Motorola AA wireless adapter is excellent as well, I love mine.
Sponsored