First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know why I am going to try to defend Ford ,given I am so pissed off at them . But I will give it a try . First -if we look at the exchange rate in June 2021 when ford set the price . And then compared it to today or four months form now , you would see a pretty good price increase . Second- 5 or 6 years from now when you go to trade it in, we will probably get are 2500 hundred back as opposed to trading in a 2022. Third - Ford is not controlling the interest rates ,Are Canadian Government is doing that. All of this is of no fault from us . If Ford had just built the trucks in a timely fashion then we nor them would be dealing with all this shit . Personally I feel if the assembly plant was in the USA or Canada they would not be having half the problems .
I fully agree with you about the manufacturing and everything that you have laid out.
I get tired with Ford still pushing a product that they are unable too fulfill in a timely manner and hearing other people joining this never ending line. (It's almost as long as the line up for Costco during Covid) LOL.
Then Ford's CEO telling us how great the Tesla system is and how he wants to be a follower of being dealership free. (Good luck with that)
Plus, his plan of being the number one producer of electric vehicles?

He must wake up every morning from his wonderful dream and smile when he sees his Teslas parked in the driveway of his multi million dollar home.
Sponsored

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Desperate" but buying a brand new vehicle? And nobody is forced to work with a dealer that is charging unreasonable deposits/fees.
Not everyone wants to take a chance on a used vehicle.
The Maverick "was" too be the modern Model T. The 2021 price was the price for the people and now the 2023... price is that for the share holders.
(A real first chance on a new vehicle for some)

"Desperate" Are thoughs whose vehicles are at 400K and they don't know if they can hang on? (400K was a member's vehicle mileage who did not know what too do?)
For thoughs who say: "It's time too find something else!" What else is there for a Maverick replacement at the Maverick price and is still a truck?"

All of us are stuck in this insanity, some people really do need a now vehicle and can't play games with delivery dates.

As I said in another post: "Did everyone die from Covid and there are no workers alive?"

As for the dealers... Where I live there are only two Ford dealers for the public. "Either the pan or the fire."

Toronto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Emailed my dealer today, (Milton Ford) as I have on a monthly basis since ordering in Dec 2021. Got an auto response my sales person was on holiday, so I emailed his manager. All he knew was my 2022 order would not be built. No idea if it would be transferred to a 2023, no idea of any incentives for 2022 order holders, no idea of steps moving forward. No idea when order banks will open.
Unbelievable!

Toronto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Emailed my dealer today, (Milton Ford) as I have on a monthly basis since ordering in Dec 2021. Got an auto response my sales person was on holiday, so I emailed his manager. All he knew was my 2022 order would not be built. No idea if it would be transferred to a 2023, no idea of any incentives for 2022 order holders, no idea of steps moving forward. No idea when order banks will open.
Unbelievable!
Hey there.. just signed up on this thread. I also ordered Maverick 2litre XLT mid December 2021 from Milton Ford and placed a deposit. I have (politely) called and emailed a number of occasions and they have stopped responding all together. Crickets. No answer to my questions regarding what happens with 2022 orders and whether I have been slotted for 2023. Obviously it makes me wonder what if anything they have submitted to ford regarding my order. Do you have any updates from your September posts.? Cheers. John in Toronto

TdotMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey there.. just signed up on this thread. I also ordered Maverick 2litre XLT mid December 2021 from Milton Ford and placed a deposit. I have (politely) called and emailed a number of occasions and they have stopped responding all together. Crickets. No answer to my questions regarding what happens with 2022 orders and whether I have been slotted for 2023. Obviously it makes me wonder what if anything they have submitted to ford regarding my order. Do you have any updates from your September posts.? Cheers. John in Toronto
Sounds like you need to go into your dealer and have a frank discussion (which dealership)? The dealers weren't responsible for flipping 2022 orders into 2023 (as it should have been). New ordered had to be input from Sept 16, 2022 from customers . I would ask to have your order re-entered for 2023 (I read that Canada order banks may close) and you may ahve a good chance of having it scheduled if it's an ecoboost without Lux or 360 pkg given constraints on those.

Sponsored

Toronto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Sounds like you need to go into your dealer and have a frank discussion (which dealership)? The dealers weren't responsible for flipping 2022 orders into 2023 (as it should have been). New ordered had to be input from Sept 16, 2022 from customers . I would ask to have your order re-entered for 2023 (I read that Canada order banks may close) and you may ahve a good chance of having it scheduled if it's an ecoboost without Lux or 360 pkg given constraints on those.
Thanks for this. Ouch. I will do precisely that.

Haggs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Maverick, 1981 Yamaha Midnight Maxim
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for this. Ouch. I will do precisely that.
Yes, you have to reorder, but they will (or should) give you a better priority code. I haven‘t had any issues with Milton Ford, they passed along any info the received, they just weren’t getting anything from Ford.
Good luck with your reorder. FYI, If you are getting the Lux package it has changed for MY23.

Toronto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Yes, you have to reorder, but they will (or should) give you a better priority code. I haven‘t had any issues with Milton Ford, they passed along any info the received, they just weren’t getting anything from Ford.
Good luck with your reorder. FYI, If you are getting the Lux package it has changed for MY23.
Thanks for the information. It will help with my followup

kinkid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux 4K Co-Pilot 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So....... On Oct 28th I was emailed by my dealer saying that my production week was November 28th. I was also given my VIN. Tonight I went on the Ford Canada Website and chatted with a customer service person as the order tracking page wasn't working. I gave my VIN and the rep said my order week is December 30th. She has no idea why I was told Nov 28. WTF FORD! This entire process has been so disappointing and I'm almost a year now from when I placed my original order.

Haggs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Maverick, 1981 Yamaha Midnight Maxim
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So....... On Oct 28th I was emailed by my dealer saying that my production week was November 28th. I was also given my VIN. Tonight I went on the Ford Canada Website and chatted with a customer service person as the order tracking page wasn't working. I gave my VIN and the rep said my order week is December 30th. She has no idea why I was told Nov 28. WTF FORD! This entire process has been so disappointing and I'm almost a year now from when I placed my original order.
I went through the same experience, got my VIN, same dates given by dealer, same info provided by Ford chat except I was told that end of Dec would be when I received my schedule date…..
and the wait goes on.

Sponsored

kinkid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went through the same experience, got my VIN, same dates given by dealer, same info provided by Ford chat except I was told that end of Dec would be when I received my schedule date…..
and the wait goes on.
I just got off the phone with Hyundai. I think I'm past my breaking point with FORD at this point.

TdotMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was told something similar but I think what Ford customer service means is the end of production and ready for shipment (apparently can take up to 4-6 weeks from production date to shipment to arrival at dealership).

kinkid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update on my Lariat Canadian order. Schedule to Day Production has been confirmed for December, 2nd 2022.

A note to anyone with a VIN that is attempting to get an update using Ford Canada online customer service. You need to specifically ask what the "SECONDARY STATUS" says on the Order Fulfillment Vehicle Visibility report. If they tell you "In Order Processing," that means they are looking at the Primary Status, which is the wrong field. Ensure that they are telling you what it says under "SECONDARY STATUS". If they give you an ETA date, ignore it and once again ask for the "SECONDARY STATUS".

I know I seem like I'm telling you the same thing over and over. However, it took me asking three times for the "SECONDARY STATUS" before they actually gave me the information I wanted.

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update on my Lariat Canadian order. Schedule to Day Production has been confirmed for December, 2nd 2022.

A note to anyone with a VIN that is attempting to get an update using Ford Canada online customer service. You need to specifically ask what the "SECONDARY STATUS" says on the Order Fulfillment Vehicle Visibility report. If they tell you "In Order Processing," that means they are looking at the Primary Status, which is the wrong field. Ensure that they are telling you what it says under "SECONDARY STATUS". If they give you an ETA date, ignore it and once again ask for the "SECONDARY STATUS".

I know I seem like I'm telling you the same thing over and over. However, it took me asking three times for the "SECONDARY STATUS" before they actually gave me the information I wanted.
Thank you for the information, every time I call I hit a wall. They always tell me too talk with my dealer.

Thaxxas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Dec 2nd bro. XLT Lux Tremor was scheduled for Dec 1st but is now scheduled for the 2nd.
Sponsored