Jeredd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Avalanche
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello friends!

Just wanted to let you guys know that the order banks in Canada were never officially closed like the US were. I just put an order in for a VB XLT AWD Mavy on Friday. Paid a 500 deposit, left with all the proper paper work, and I got the official go ahead call yesterday saying it was all good on Ford's end.

They put the order in for a 2022 but it will most likely be rolled over to a 2023. If that's the case I'll have to meet with the dealership again to go over any possible changes that might come with the 2023 model. Estimated timeline for the AWD was 4-8 months.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TorchedTaco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeredd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Avalanche
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I essentially paid 500 bucks to get my name on a waiting list. Fully expecting to get a 2023 going in, I just wanted to beat the wave of orders that will flood in when the banks open up again in August.

Nobody really knows how Ford handles the Canadian orders, maybe they allow a certain number of orders be sent to Canada, and that number hasn't been reached yet? So maybe a 2022 is still possible? I don't anticipate that happening, but who knows.

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They put the order in for a 2022 but it will most likely be rolled over to a 2023. If that's the case I'll have to meet with the dealership again to go over any possible changes that might come with the 2023 model. Estimated timeline for the AWD was 4-8 months.
This is essentially what I have been told by a dealer in Oakville, Ontario that I will be dealing with. I have good connections there so feel confident that I will get the real story as they understand it. I am going in this week to place my order, same idea, $500. deposit, copy of DL, ins, etc. Mine will be a Hybrid XLT, not sure about Lux as yet. I will update after I go there this week. At least 2 of their upper management, and I won't say who right now, are related to a good friend of mine, all who's parents worked at the Ford plant in Oakville.

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Torched, did you get a confirmation email from Ford corporate or just the dealer?

OP
OP

TorchedTaco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeredd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Avalanche
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Torched, did you get a confirmation email from Ford corporate or just the dealer?
So far I have only got an email from the dealership, nothing straight from Ford corporate. If that changes, I'll let you know.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TorchedTaco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeredd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Avalanche
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ive also seen posts on here related to emails from Ford. It's been mentioned that Ford doesn't directly send emails to buyers. They forward everything through the dealership. Can anyone confirm this?

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So far I have only got an email from the dealership, nothing straight from Ford corporate. If that changes, I'll let you know.
I will also let you know what I discover this week and will ask that exact question.

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ive also seen posts on here related to emails from Ford. It's been mentioned that Ford doesn't directly send emails to buyers. They forward everything through the dealership. Can anyone confirm this?
No email from Ford Corporate. Which dealership in Saskatoon did you order from?

You can track it once the order has been placed and received by Ford Canada. When you went to put a deposit of the vehicle you should have also signed a piece of paper with all the options you wanted. Top right corner should be the order number, which is one of two parts you need to track your order.

OP
OP

TorchedTaco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeredd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Avalanche
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No email from Ford Corporate. Which dealership in Saskatoon did you order from?

You can track it once the order has been placed and received by Ford Canada. When you went to put a deposit of the vehicle you should have also signed a piece of paper with all the options you wanted. Top right corner should be the order number, which is one of two parts you need to track your order.
Awesome, I'll take a closer look at the paper work. Thanks!

Ordered from Jubilee.

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome, I'll take a closer look at the paper work. Thanks!

Ordered from Jubilee.
I got mine from Merlin, the website had my VIN/order listed about a month in.

Keep an eye on the website for your order. Jubilee takes a bit more time. Your sales rep should have the VIN once the order been placed and scheduled by Ford.

You have the same specs as my Maverick minus the FX4.

Sponsored
OP
OP

TorchedTaco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeredd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Avalanche
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got mine from Merlin, the website had my VIN/order listed about a month in.

Keep an eye on the website for your order. Jubilee takes a bit more time. Your sales rep should have the VIN once the order been placed and scheduled by Ford.

You have the same specs as my Maverick minus the FX4.
Sounds good!

How long did yours take to get built/delivered?

I was really back and forth on the fx4 but the tow hooks and rims were hard to say no to.

Zac

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
I ordered mine in Canada on March 16th. It was built on May 24th. Shipped shortly after and expected to arrive the first week of July. Canada has definitely kept 2022 orders open later than the USA and seems to get build priority to some degree (could be dealer allocation).

AWD fully loaded Lariat with off road and lux package. Only thing I didn't get was the sunroof.

OP
OP

TorchedTaco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeredd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Avalanche
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered mine in Canada on March 16th. It was built on May 24th. Shipped shortly after and expected to arrive the first week of July. Canada has definitely kept 2022 orders open later than the USA and seems to get build priority to some degree (could be dealer allocation).

AWD fully loaded Lariat with off road and lux package. Only thing I didn't get was the sunroof.
Hopefully the trend continues! My 03 Avalanche can't survive another winter haha.

Sounds like a beauty of a truck!

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds good!

How long did yours take to get built/delivered?

I was really back and forth on the fx4 but the tow hooks and rims were hard to say no to.
I was debating the FX4 too, but Eco & Sport is nice. Only thing I'd would have liked is the larger IPC and skidplate.

Ordered; November 1st, 2021
In Production: January 24th, 2022
Built: January 26th, 2022
Delivered February 18th, 2022

I was lucky enough SGI covered 1/3-1/4 of the cost of the truck as I was in an accident that was a total loss. 🤣 lol
Sponsored

Last edited: