CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club

WVX76

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray XLT FX4, Subaru Forester Wilderness
and you (and others) are convincing me I need a new phone camera 😂. It’s actually orange like what’s on the new gray Mach One 😀
Orange! Even better. My favorite color. I’m sure in person the entire truck looks amazing.
Sponsored

WVX76

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray XLT FX4, Subaru Forester Wilderness

AVirginia

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had my Cactus Grey Maverick for two weeks and love the way the color changes with the light. Some days it looks like what I call "battleship grey" and other days it appears to have a greenish glow. I have had more compliments on the color than the truck itself!

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club 20220129_140437

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club 20220129_141514

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

dehh_goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
I have had my Cactus Grey Maverick for two weeks and love the way the color changes with the light. Some days it looks like what I call "battleship grey" and other days it appears to have a greenish glow. I have had more compliments on the color than the truck itself!

20220129_140437.jpg

20220129_141514.jpg
Forgive the silly question - what is this mount/rack called? Love it, seems super useful

AVirginia

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Forgive the silly question - what is this mount/rack called? Love it, seems super useful
It is a Yakima OverHaul HD. Very sturdy, easy to install with no drilling and rated to 500 lb. I bought it at REI.

Reactions: mdh

HALWADE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I finally saw my second Ecoboost FX4 in town today (mine was the first). Black.

Not a fan.

I ordered Cactus Grey sight unseen late June last year, and DID. NOT. ONCE. Worry about it being too minty, too drab, too green, too (fill in the blank) for my eclectic blue-collar tastes.

After joining this message board to figure out what right-sized gimmicks I needed, I threw a Rough Country +1” leveling kit, a tailgate damper, twin MRT deck lid lift tubes, and a set of Goodyear Wrangler 235/65-17 meats on my diminutive daily driver and called it a day.

After 1500 miles I remain happy as the day I built my stupid but lovable Maverick online.

I’ve yet to use the AMP Research-style FoMoCo OEM bed extender, but I had one in my last truck so I know its charms.

I live in SoCal, so I get plenty of chances to kick it into Off-Road mode, but rarely into Slippery. On the sandy river wash behind our warehouse, the Maverick left me feeling more confident than the Chevy Colorado it replaced. I think Ferdinand Porsche’s theory on lightness being >/= brute force plays a role in this matter, as proved by all the class 11 Beetles that make it to Cabo in the Baja 1000 every year. I’ll know if a bone-stock Maverick is better than a modified Colorado V6 4x4 when I drive to the Biltwell 100 in the Mojave Desert next April.

That’s all I got. My truck (I refuse to call it my “build”) starts conversations everywhere I park it. My wife loves it. Our kid doesn’t give a shit, so I don’t have to worry about loaning it to him in four years. I’m averaging 23mpg but don’t give a shit despite being one of 35 million suckers in the Golden State who pays $5.50 per gallon.

For extra blue-collar street cred, I shot these photos behind the Walmart off highway 79 in Temecula, CA. It doesn’t get more white trash than that.
Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club 51B94FE3-77F4-431D-BC8C-B3BD2120ECE2
Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club 63BD09D7-89D0-49F9-817D-23910ABB02C2

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club E1C9139B-5CDE-4AB8-BDAA-A249F3E5941C
Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club 3DE4D496-4D82-4084-A679-88986279130F

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club 79DAFE87-DA63-49A3-9EE5-53EC8091BB49

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a cactus grey XLT. But every time I see a bronco or bronco sport with it , well it looks dark grey. In a lot of these pictures it looks light grey. Is it just the camera angles or shade of light. I have really only looked at this color in bright sunlight, and it appears dark. I am hoping when I pick this truck up it's a bit lighter. My order was confirmed, but not scheduled yet, so I can still change its color if need be. Can y'all post pix of your mavericks showing the color as darker shade so I can wrap my mind around it and decide if I want to change the color before its scheduled. My original pick was carbonized grey but felt it was really too dark.

Thanks in advance.
Matt

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a cactus grey XLT. But every time I see a bronco or bronco sport with it , well it looks dark grey. In a lot of these pictures it looks light grey. Is it just the camera angles or shade of light. I have really only looked at this color in bright sunlight, and it appears dark. I am hoping when I pick this truck up it's a bit lighter. My order was confirmed, but not scheduled yet, so I can still change its color if need be. Can y'all post pix of your mavericks showing the color as darker shade so I can wrap my mind around it and decide if I want to change the color before its scheduled. My original pick was carbonized grey but felt it was really too dark.

Thanks in advance.
Matt
The Bronco looks darker because it has more black/dark trim - black roof, full wrap around windows, more black trim generally - in particular on the Bronco Sport it is smaller too so the black offset trim is definitely more prevalent. As a result, the gray just looks darker overall. You'll find that isn't the case with the maverick (unless/until you start adding more dark add-ons like mudflaps, a full tonneau, etc).

Of course my comment is just anecdotal, however I would agree with your statement that it looks darker on the Broncos...and think that it doesn't with my Maverick!

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The FX4 package definitely helps make it look more like a truck and bigger than it is. I almost want to switch, but came originally for the MPGs of the hybrid.
Get a 1inch lift, slightly bigger tires and slap an FX4 sticker on it. 💥

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Bronco looks darker because it has more black/dark trim - black roof, full wrap around windows, more black trim generally - in particular on the Bronco Sport it is smaller too so the black offset trim is definitely more prevalent. As a result, the gray just looks darker overall. You'll find that isn't the case with the maverick (unless/until you start adding more dark add-ons like mudflaps, a full tonneau, etc).

Of course my comment is just anecdotal, however I would agree with your statement that it looks darker on the Broncos...and think that it doesn't with my Maverick!
Can you post up a few pix of yours?

I plan on a bed cover, mudflaps, but will likely paint the door handles and mirror housings cactus grey to look like the lux package setup. This may offset it more. I agree the bronco sport I saw in bright sunlight today has a lot of black on it, but I was just looking at the grey. If it's the same color formulation between the bronco sport and the maverick it's pretty dark. I was hoping the cactus grey would be a lighter shade like in these pix below I pulled off the net.

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club Screenshot_20220103-172452_Samsung Internet

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club th.jpeg-3 (1)cactus

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club th.jpeg-4

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club th.jpeg-3

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its AWD, but I also plan on dropping it 2" and putting these 18" circuit rims on it. Same ones that fit the focus RS. I am thinking the charcoal grey centers would go with the lighter grey.

We get snow and ice out here in west Texas, but it's not really deep, 6" max just tight packed down and slippery. I figure the AWD will help a lot on those type of days.

I'm more into RWD lowered sport trucks. I'm excited to have something like this in AWD that I can drop 2" out of. My 1994 silverado is a 2" and 4" drop to lower and level it out. Not extreme by any measure, just gives it that hot rod look.

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club Screenshot_20220104-211835_eBay
Sponsored

Last edited: