pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have my Cactus Grey on order and I only have photoshop to play with until it comes in.

badidea4.png
Nice! I wouldn't go with such big rims myself, but for whatever reason seeing these mockups are some of the first times I have EVER liked a dropped pickup. The Maverick looks properly good lowered! I think my 2019 Ranger would look silly lowered, but I might give serious consideration to it with the Maverick.
Sponsored

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
My wife and I are sold on Cactus Gray. I also like Hot Pepper red but the strong orange hue to it got vetoed instantly:D I’ve always wanted a lighter colored vehicle, but white would be too boring on the Maverick and I don’t really care for silver. Love that it’s a mix between Toyota’s Lunar Rock and Cement.

Karmic

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I went to 2 dealers on Sunday to try and find the colors I'm interested in - of course their online inventory didn't match the lot (neither had any cactus gray, area 51 or orange crush!).

As much as I think orange would be fun, it cost $ and is too unique for me (I did happen to see a bronco sport on the road in orange, it did look good!). Area 51 - I like it when it is darker in photos, but the press shots and the release video with it have put me off.

It will definitely have to be cactus for me - I love the flat gray look, and don't mind the slight green hue at all - super excited to get this!
I would love orange. But the orange isn't orange enough. Kind of looks too mustard or gold to me. The red looks closer to orange than the orange does. And I'm pretty sure Cyber was the name of a bad guy in the Matrix.

superyan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion FRS
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice! I wouldn't go with such big rims myself, but for whatever reason seeing these mockups are some of the first times I have EVER liked a dropped pickup. The Maverick looks properly good lowered! I think my 2019 Ranger would look silly lowered, but I might give serious consideration to it with the Maverick.
Honestly, I don't really plan on touching mine but if I ever did, I'd like to have it dropped as a throwback to the mini trucks we used to have.

OP
OP
The One

The One

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2015 Mustang Ecoboost converti
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife and I are sold on Cactus Gray. I also like Hot Pepper red but the strong orange hue to it
I like Hot Pepper Red myself but the "late availability" Ford has put on it killed that thought. I recently saw a Ranger in Cactus Gray and I fell in love with the color so thats my pick.

Sponsored

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like Hot Pepper Red myself but the "late availability" Ford has put on it killed that thought. I recently saw a Ranger in Cactus Gray and I fell in love with the color so thats my pick.
Rapid Red, the FE color, that's late availability, not Hot Pepper Red.

I saw Cactus Gray on the street yesterday, first time, on a new Ranger ... I'm primed I admit, but the color really pops! ... which you wouldn't expect from a light gray/white gray/cream gray.... whatever. It's a great color!

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
I also ordered the cactus grey after seeing it a few times on rangers and bronco sports while driving around town. I don’t know why but it always caught my eye immediately. It definitely takes on interesting undertones depending on the conditions it’s photographed in and that’s something I like in a color. I think it will age well and it makes for a nice combo with the blue/brown lariat interior.

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The more I see real world pictures, the more I dislike CG on the Mav... Probably looks better in person though
Pictures don't really do it justice. Because of the local colors (grass and trees) the above pic has a that blue/green tint, which is either much more subtle or absent in person.

Sponsored

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XL ordered, currently Honda Ridgeline
Played with the photo editor a bit, I tweaked the color slightly to more closely match other cactus grey photo's I've seen (a bit more of that green hint) and blacked out the wheels. Uhhh.. hmmm, suddenly rethinking my Velocity Blue order.

Ford Maverick CACTUS GRAY Maverick Photos / Club maverick_xl_cactus

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
I saw a CG Bronco Sport Badlands today, appeared to be a fresh delivery. I walked around it several times, trying to see what different amounts of shade and sun did to it. It wasn't a color I expected to consider initially although there's something about it that forces your attention. I think a set of old school (5) spoke Torque-Thrust Americans would look great on it
Sponsored

Last edited: